No /vpark in public places

Guest Ingram

1 minute ago, Thirteen said:

After seeing several mechanics literally scooping up cars using tow trucks in broad daylight and taking them straight to the garage, I don't think the security system would help. 

I was actually just... mostly joking. But yeah, right now security systems seem pointless to begin with even with their cost. There's not a single time I leave my car with lvl 3 locks out that I don't return to it having been emptied, and sometimes just dumped somewhere terribly inconvenient for no real reason, not even chopped (I ride a 17k Peyote as my main car, so I guess people don't even bother).

• 3 weeks later...

Vehemently disagree for the following reason.

On 11/15/2018 at 12:48 PM, Koko said:

[...] under current circumstances and just how stupidly easy stealing cars is (and the little respect people show for places like safe zones) sometimes people just can't be bothered [...]

Until we address this, I will absolutely not support any changes to the way /vpark works - end of story. Make lockpicks more difficult to acquire, reduce the success rate drastically (except for specialized car-stealing tools only acquired via a supplier) or find another solution, but the problem we have is with the mechanics and, to a lesser extent, server culture.

Edit: By "mechanics" I mean the script used to steal cars, not the occupation.

Edited by Smilesville
clarification
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So what would the definition of a 'public place' be? Where do you draw the line between a private and a public place?

What if something happens OOCly and you have to log off and you're in a public place? Should you abandon your car on the side of the road and have the roads blocked by cars belonging to offline players instead?

I believe most has already been said about the suggestion and over the months, not a lot has changed. You may be able to purchase proper security for a hefty price (e.g 20k security on a 50k value car?), but it will not stop people from chain breaking into vehicles. Just recently, there has been a player breaking into cars outfront and in plain sight of a police station. What @Smilesville brought up 2 years ago stands as true as ever until today.

On 12/3/2018 at 5:38 AM, Smilesville said:

Vehemently disagree for the following reason.

On 12/3/2018 at 5:38 AM, Smilesville said:

[...] under current circumstances and just how stupidly easy stealing cars is (and the little respect people show for places like safe zones) sometimes people just can't be bothered [...]

Until we address this, I will absolutely not support any changes to the way /vpark works - end of story. Make lockpicks more difficult to acquire, reduce the success rate drastically (except for specialized car-stealing tools only acquired via a supplier) or find another solution, but the problem we have is with the mechanics and, to a lesser extent, server culture.

Edit: By "mechanics" I mean the script used to steal cars, not the occupation.

• mj2002 locked this topic