Get rid of faction ranks in /f

Cici

Get rid of ranks in /f and /fonline?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey, just wanted to suggest possibly getting rid of the ranks from the /fonline and the /fchatlog.  

I don't need to explain really what good would come of it, no actual good comes from it right now.  All it does is incite metagame. :)

Lets remove it.

2 hours ago, Thread said:

who would metagame their own faction and what do they have to gain?

+1. Wtf ?

Also your poll only provides an option to agree, and one for indifference. What if someone stone-cold disagrees with you?

Edited by Makkebakke

I can see where it's useful and where it's not. For example, in the PD I'll check to see who the highest rank is on before I respond to a departmental call.

I'd say remove it for /f but keep it in /fonline

Edited by Froge

If you don't want to use it for your faction, only use 2 ranks in the faction. No one forces you to use all of them.

Other factions, such as the SADOC, LSCS, LSPD and LSFD use a more advanced rank structure where it eventually can grow over 100 members. Not everyone will be able to remember one's rank OOC and OOC issues can happen far more often. People need to be able to check who's the highest rank online in case of an OOC incident, for /dep responses, checking if there's a supervisor online at all in case it is requested IC, etcetera. 

• Rukka locked this topic