Proposal: Alterations to Donator features

Aquila

A lot of the donator features are one-off, like name change, number change, Discord channel and so on. I feel that while the first month of a donator package is fine, there should be a renewal option that is relatively lower with the semi-permanent features (/bad, walk styles, etc.) included while the one-off features (custom number, name change, etc.) are not included in the package. 

Additionally, I feel that walk styles shouldn't be restricted solely to donators. Obviously others feel the same. I know that there was a thread about this before but nobody has come up with a feasible solution to replace walk styles with something else in the donator packages. I'd want to buy Gold myself, but a lot of the features are irrelevant/useless to me, and I'd prefer to buy them separately if need be. I used to play on NGRP, which many know as the server that became absolutely shit due to how their VIP systems worked. I understand that Nervous is trying to not turn the server into some Korean MMO where cash ruins the gameplay, and instead is trying to find a good balance while also providing some incentive for players to donate.

I don't know if donators already have a private forum and Discord text channel, but that'd be one idea. Another idea would be to bring back additional character slots, because there are still people who would like to have more characters, especially since extra characters don't get $5k paychecks anymore. I know that there was talk about the removal of extra character slots because people stopped using them, but it couldn't hurt to readd them, right? Additional outfit slots or an in-game chat aren't necessarily terrible ideas either. All in all, I'd definitely buy a base gold donator package and then pay less for a renewal, but I don't know how the management wants to run the features. Thought I'd post this to brainstorm since it's a neverending topic.

3 hours ago, CharlieSimpson said:

Very for this! At least I would like to keep my walk style after i've already donated once. That has been one of the main reasons I donate in the first place.

Agreed with this entirely. I had donator status ingame for a bit but not on the forum as a friend (shoutout to Serenity) paid for it so I could have more props and a numberchange if I needed it. Walkstyle can give a huge bonus to the sense of personality to a character model that can seriously help with the vibe you're going for, and with a minimum of resources used and effort expended. IMO walkstyles should, at the very least, stick if you set it but your donator runs out. If you wanna change it again, donate later I guess, but ideally they'd be free.

A suggestion for an alternative to walkstyles as a bonus feature: Custom ringtones upoadable via the UCP. Maximum 8-10 seconds MP3 file, looping when your phone rings, but only you can hear it because hearing phones go off constantly in a bar would be annoying. In any case, I think that'd be fun and flavorful to have. Is this possible via CEF?

Once I feel like we have enough other cool customization features to add instead of walkstyle, then why not! But for now there is none and I do not have the time to rechange completely the system or spend 1 month on a donator feature that only few players will be able to use.

The donators already have a private channel, we already offer a lot in each packages and walkstyles are the main feature of the gold one which is why I will not remove them for now. As for character slots and outfit slots it's already 3 characters and 20 outfit slots, which is way more than all the other servers offer without donation.

You need to understand that we don't run on gold and swim with the money here, you know the amount that is spent and that I spend each months for the community, I am not willing at the moment to remove any feature without having a cool additionnal one to offer, and none of these are, or it would require a too long development time.

This change was already suggested a month ago and denied, I will move it to suggestions though.

4 hours ago, Nervous said:

Once I feel like we have enough other cool customization features to add instead of walkstyle, then why not! But for now there is none and I do not have the time to rechange completely the system or spend 1 month on a donator feature that only few players will be able to use.

The donators already have a private channel, we already offer a lot in each packages and walkstyles are the main feature of the gold one which is why I will not remove them for now. As for character slots and outfit slots it's already 3 characters and 20 outfit slots, which is way more than all the other servers offer without donation.

You need to understand that we don't run on gold and swim with the money here, you know the amount that is spent and that I spend each months for the community, I am not willing at the moment to remove any feature without having a cool additionnal one to offer, and none of these are, or it would require a too long development time.

This change was already suggested a month ago and denied, I will move it to suggestions though.

Letting aside all the other features, do you at least consider letting donators have the walk style once the vip is expired?

Edited by Flow
1 hour ago, Flow said:

Letting aside all the other features, do you at least consider letting donators have the walk style once the vip is expired?

No, this is at the moment the main feature of the package. As I said, we still need some support and we already offer lot of things permanently in this package instead of 30 days. Let's not overabuse the fact that we let you keep most things instead of 30 days to ask for more please :D 

• Upvote 1

i feel like donating has been fucced 4ever now. im pretty sure i paid something like $5~ or so for a number change which could have also got me bronze donator(?) this was around november. me & late was makin a fuss coz that price point makes no sense at all.

11 hours ago, Shareef said:

i feel like donating has been fucced 4ever now. im pretty sure i paid something like $5~ or so for a number change which could have also got me bronze donator(?) this was around november. me & late was makin a fuss coz that price point makes no sense at all.

You make your choice about which donation package to go for, a stand alone like the number change? or a package like Brozne, Gold..etc

it's all a matter of your needs as a player. 

Also remember one thing, this is called "donation" it's not a premium subscription or a sort of a paid account. 

People who donate mainly do so to support a server they enjoy playing, and we appreciate their contributions by offering some perks in return, however none of the donator features is essential, and you can still have a great experience here without donating. 

However, donating is encouraged to help us cover the operational fees of the server. 

I hope this covers your inquiries! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Apache locked this topic