Character Kill Application

This idea is taken from the first community I ever played in (quite thankful I started off roleplaying there).

You have a major problem with someone. Because of this, you feel like the death of that someone is the only way forward. You send an application to an admin (on there it was lead admins and above), with your reasons and screenshots of proof. The admin reviews it, and if accepted... you are free to kill that someone. When that someone is killed they are CKed. However, if you are killed, you are CKed as well. It was a great system.

I was part of a Sureno faction, that had been scammed by a certain someone. Me being a young recruit, looking to earn respect among the group, was given the task of killing him. The shot caller gave me the proof, reasons and I sent in the CK request. It was accepted and upon tracking him down, carried out. The mission felt real because I knew that the wrong step, could of had me killed.

TLDR; allow players to request to CK other players. trustworthy admins should receive the CK requests, review, and either deny or accept. 

I don't really agree with this. There are people that will feel that they don't have a choice in whether or not they PK or CK their character for whatever reason and that's a feeling that I feel most people (including myself) aren't okay with.

24 minutes ago, Stefan said:

I don't really agree with this. There are people that will feel that they don't have a choice in whether or not they PK or CK their character for whatever reason and that's a feeling that I feel most people (including myself) aren't okay with.

The reason would have to be valid enough to warrant an admin giving the "okay".

To me, it seems like people want the freedom to be Al Capone knowing that if they die... they will only re-spawn and continue being Al Capone.

31 minutes ago, Portz said:

To me, it seems like people want the freedom to be Al Capone knowing that if they die... they will only re-spawn and continue being Al Capone.

I resent this remark.

*Chews his cigar.*

Lol.  Yeah I kind of agree but there would have to be like a REALLY really good reason outside of simply personal conflict.  Like there would have to be eons of roleplay surrounding a situation before I’d even consider to write such an application.  Development surrounding a certain situation.

But lets be clear.  A CK application should only be valid for one person, otherwise, screw the bullshit, just have a CK war between factions.

Personally I see this working better if both players just simply gave each other CK perms surrounding a situation.

Players can do that already.

This is for serious slights. Like you were robbed of all your drugs, by a person you knew. Instead of PKing him, you applied for CK rights and CKed him. 

Not only have you regained your reputation as being someone people should not fuck with, but you have eliminated the person who did it.

This will make players think twice, before portraying Ryder from GTA SA

edit:

A CK application should be valid regardless if it is a faction vs faction problem. Faction wars end up being TDMs. The server I played on had that as well, faction vs faction CK wars. But this system was reserved for thought out plans, against a specific individual, for specific reasons.

Edited by Portz
31 minutes ago, Portz said:

This is for serious slights. Like you were robbed of all your drugs, by a person you knew. Instead of PKing him, you applied for CK rights and CKed him. 

Mawfuckas get robbed every day B, you'll be ait.

32 minutes ago, Portz said:

Not only have you regained your reputation as being someone people should not fuck with, but you have eliminated the person who did it.

You can earn the same reputation equally with a PK.

33 minutes ago, Portz said:

A CK application should be valid regardless if it is a faction vs faction problem. Faction wars end up being TDMs. The server I played on had that as well, faction vs faction CK wars. But this system was reserved for thought out plans, against a specific individual, for specific reasons.

I mean, I kinda get it but from a growth standpoint, this seems counterproductive.  It's already been made pretty clear here that CK's are a touchy subject and I think this idea would be great, but I don't see why two players can't just put each other's CK agreements on the line, should an issue ever arise.  Some people will take this CK application thing too serious and start looking to CK people for the most meager of reason, like getting robbed.  I'd imagine getting revenge for a robbery which happens pretty often on this server, would warrant a PK.  But to kill a character over it?  IDK.

The idea's sitting less and less OK with me but that's my opinion.

The other advantage this had was the fact that the other player could not metagame your motives. Asking for CK rights basically means that that player is going to be aware, you are intending on CKing him.

3 hours ago, Cici said:

You can earn the same reputation equally with a PK.

You can't. Majority of GTA roleplayers do not care about a PK. If you are part of the minority, good on you. I have CKed many of my characters, after being killed by rivals (majority of my characters have been in gangs). But that's because being killed, usually taints the idea of my character to me. Other players do not do this. Other players do not want to lose.

3 hours ago, Cici said:

Mawfuckas get robbed every day B, you'll be ait.

That attitude is more of a "it's just a game attitude". I don't get robbed at all, but a person with neon colored hair, and a ninja mask should not have the balls to rob the Don of the Luppino family. But because that neon colored haired person knows that at the most, he/she will be PKed, he/she does. Now the whole of Los Santos knows that if Don Luppino can be robbed, his family's weak.

3 hours ago, Cici said:

I mean, I kinda get it but from a growth standpoint, this seems counterproductive.  It's already been made pretty clear here that CK's are a touchy subject and I think this idea would be great, but I don't see why two players can't just put each other's CK agreements on the line, should an issue ever arise.  Some people will take this CK application thing too serious and start looking to CK people for the most meager of reason, like getting robbed.  I'd imagine getting revenge for a robbery which happens pretty often on this server, would warrant a PK.  But to kill a character over it?  IDK.

Serious slights, against serious people, warrant CKs. Whatever the criteria is, I'll leave it to the admins to handle. People need to stop thinking of character's as a right to have. This roleplaying game we all play, is driven by crime. I won't talk about the decision that was made to remove forced CK wars, because we all know how that came about. Let's just talk about this system.

"Some people will take this CK application thing too serious and start looking to CK people for the most meager of reason"

Do you read? It will be up to the admins to filter out and deny those who have meager reasons.

7 hours ago, Portz said:

You can't. Majority of GTA roleplayers do not care about a PK. If you are part of the minority, good on you. I have CKed many of my characters, after being killed by rivals (majority of my characters have been in gangs). But that's because being killed, usually taints the idea of my character to me. Other players do not do this. Other players do not want to lose.

I have let people CK me out of my own faction... so, lol.  What you think I'm saying is not the point.  I don't need to CK to let the people in the IC community know my character is not to be fucked with.  It shows that I don't want them gone, forever, it's called courtesy and it's what roleplayers should have.  If there is no agreement, there is no CK.

7 hours ago, Portz said:

That attitude is more of a "it's just a game attitude". I don't get robbed at all, but a person with neon colored hair, and a ninja mask should not have the balls to rob the Don of the Luppino family. But because that neon colored haired person knows that at the most, he/she will be PKed, he/she does. Now the whole of Los Santos knows that if Don Luppino can be robbed, his family's weak.

You made me laugh with that first sentence because I'm one of the people who have always and will always advocate for realistic RP here.  How do they know I'm the boss of the Luppino family? I roleplay my boss character as a very old, very fragile (besides morally) old man.  I'd figure I'd be more of a target to be robbed.  I wouldnt CK a kid who robbed me, quite the contrary, I might actually respect him a little.  That person who thinks they'll be PK'd because they saw Cicciarellos name in the Luppino thread is metagaming.  And speculating.  And if I do get robbed?  It's not because my family is weak.  It's because my old ass got caught slippin.  

7 hours ago, Portz said:

Serious slights, against serious people, warrant CKs. Whatever the criteria is, I'll leave it to the admins to handle. People need to stop thinking of character's as a right to have. This roleplaying game we all play, is driven by crime. I won't talk about the decision that was made to remove forced CK wars, because we all know how that came about. Let's just talk about this system.

I mean again... you repeat yourself but I still don't see the point in CKing someone who just... robbed you, or IDK.  I mean if someone PK'd my wife, I'd PK them back (if RPly feasible of course).  If someone PK'd my wife and my wife CK'd, assuming I didn't metagaming the information, I'd put in one of these applications, that you speak of.  But don't you see?  Nobodys gonna CK if I killed them for threatening the life of a crew member.  Nobodys is initially gonna CK if I kill them for fucking my characters girlfriend.   Nobodys gonna CK if I kill them for selling my friend heroin. (Except Tobias Hale, because he wanted to)  You see what I mean?  

After hearing your full thoughts on this, I went from kind of agreeing, to fully disagreeing.
Sorry my dude, I gotta' say no on this one.

Edit- ONE EXCEPTION!  If a CK that shouldve been a PK took place.  If a player on his or her own will decides the kill was worthy enough to kill their own character, that would be a decent reason to CK someone without their permission.  This’ll make people think twice about who they Pk because it might wind up being a CK ultimately leaving room for them to be CK’d by anyone.

Edited by Cici