Character Kill Application

13 hours ago, Portz said:

Everyone's failing to understand properly what's being purposed here. They see the words 'character kill' and they all go full 2012 with their reasoning. It's an application process that's sent to the lead administration, aka Lv3+. The person in question would provide the lead administration his reasoning and evidence supporting his claim towards a character kill. The lead administration would then, like they do with everything, vote upon accepting or denying the application.

This is not ruining anyone's character development. The character kill is a result of that character development. It's a bell curve, with the drama being the peak of the curve. I fail to understand anyone's reasoning to not allowing a system like this to be warranted. Player kills are redundant and not effective when it comes to policing criminal behavior. I see nothing more than selfish players thinking that their 'character' is the end all be all and that everyone else's development doesn't matter. There are two policing measures in the criminal underworld one is the criminal justice system and the other is your death. Right now you've got the criminal justice system and nothing. With character kills hanging over any criminal's head it'll police that person into either accepting the outcome of their actions or adjusting their actions to not warrant their death. Anything other than a character kill is a waste of time for both the victim and the perpetrator as it does not conclude any sort of story line or "development".

Those are my words. How dare you.

i feel like leaving it to admin descretion is a no no. ppl can probably spin the story enough to get someone killed when its not worth it, admins can be friends with ppl, admins part of factions it influences their decisions, etc etc. a lot of thought goes into some peoples characters and its not worth it for someone else to decide how it ends u kno. like even tho it works like that irl i feel like this can be rigged too ez

Hell no. If this server had a CK system that could be applied to anyone who didn't agree to the CK, then a lot of us wouldn't be playing on it. Sure, I'd love to CK some people myself but it is what it is - griefing.

We play for fun. CK is just too hardcore for a game, I mean after all, we're playing GTA and not Minecraft.

I wouldn't want to see this here. I don't exactly get up to much myself, but if someone didn't like me and they talked to an admin to have me CKed, it would probably go through and I wouldn't have agreed to it at all. I'd just stop playing. While some may think that my state of mind is based off playing to win, it simply isn't. I like my character just as much as everyone loves their characters. Having it destroyed is a pretty shitty thing to happen, to anyone. I assume I'm reading this suggestion correctly here?

• Upvote 1
On 4/18/2018 at 4:11 PM, Aquila said:

Hell no. If this server had a CK system that could be applied to anyone who didn't agree to the CK, then a lot of us wouldn't be playing on it. Sure, I'd love to CK some people myself but it is what it is - griefing.

We play for fun. CK is just too hardcore for a game, I mean after all, we're playing GTA and not Minecraft.

I wouldn't want to see this here. I don't exactly get up to much myself, but if someone didn't like me and they talked to an admin to have me CKed, it would probably go through and I wouldn't have agreed to it at all. I'd just stop playing. While some may think that my state of mind is based off playing to win, it simply isn't. I like my character just as much as everyone loves their characters. Having it destroyed is a pretty shitty thing to happen, to anyone. I assume I'm reading this suggestion correctly here?

The majority of the server falls into two categories, law enforcement and criminals. As Caporegime stated in the post I copy and pasted, there is currently only one way to police criminals. That's with the law. Player Killing is useless. It doesn't correct criminal behavior, or make people think twice. All it does is waste resources. 

If someone put through an application to CK you, they would have to have valid reasons, that met or exceeded specific criteria. Not just because you said "fuck you" to Billy Bob and he did not like it.

If you don't give others a reason to CK you, then there will be no application put out against you. Even if someone attempts to, they have to provide evidence, as well as their reasons to warrant your character's death.

Negative.

Edited by Portz
  • 3 weeks later...

You're on the right track, however I think the piece you're missing is the buy in from the character whom you wish to CK with valid RP reasons.

Ending another player character's story should never be up to anyone but the player character themselves, unless they've agreed to the terms and RP.  I've always been one who said that if my character is killed for a valid RP reason that is story driven and not menial (eg: a botched attempt to flee from a robbery, hitting a telephone pole due to desync, being punched...to death) that I'd probably CK.  But that is my choice, not anyone else's.  If someone comes to me via PM and brings it up, I either agree to it or don't agree to it, simple as that.  And remember, MGing is for losers.

When you join certain organizations, you willingly accept that your choice is decided once you reach a certain level in that organization.  But it's still a choice you as the player make.  Having beef with someone without oodles and caboodles of roleplay to justify their death doesn't fly with me.  However, if I knowingly put my character into harm's way for the sake of RP, or join an organization who gets my CK perms, then that is a conscious decision made by me.  Leaving it up to admins and the player who wants the other CK'd without their permissions seems a bit dumb.

Edited by DaHes
  • Upvote 1

I completely agree with this concept. People lack emotion on their characters and the majority of players don't fear being killed because they're more than happy to put up with a few seconds of humiliation and then continue role playing like the conflict didn't happen and everybody's dancing around in circles, holding hands and throwing flowers.

Real life has consequences and if we're trying to simulate the real world through playing a role, we should be responsible for the actions our characters take. A Character Kill, like Portz stated, is not a waste of effort that you put into your character. It simply closes the story of your character and allows you to create a fresh, new idea.

I think this would promote more realism and fear amongst people that understand what roleplay really means. To play a role, you are simply writing a story. People throw out the "it's a game" statement far too much and that's what kills all immersion off when it comes to RP. We are not playing a game on GTA World, as roleplaying is storytelling - gaming is the polar opposite. Shoutout one @Caporegime for schooling me on that because I used to be one of those  "duhhhh it's a game" people.

To conclude, as someone who values roleplay and storytelling... I support this move.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Maca said:

A Character Kill, like Portz stated, is not a waste of effort that you put into your character. It simply closes the story of your character and allows you to create a fresh, new idea.

Also you have to re-grind all your assets, which isn't very enticing. If you could keep them after a CK (or at least a sizeable portion of them), then why not. In the current state of the rules (CK = everything lost forever), it's a "no" on so many different levels.