Spamming ads

Aquila

There's got to be a rule on how people spam ads. The cooldown is fine, but I'm sick of seeing the same copy-and-pasted ads all the time. It's uncreative and spams the screen.

This is what I'm talking about:

6MalSeP.png

I don't mean to be offensive to people who do this, but it really is an eyesore to see the same repeated ad every minute or so. I don't mind seeing different ads for the same business every so often, but the same ad every minute or every twenty seconds? That's going too far. Need to encourage creativity in ads, or variation at the least.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, stompkins said:

I too would like a rule placed into effect in regards to this, every twenty minutes would be more then enough. Any chance this can be discussed further?

Don't need to make CD 20 minutes, just leave as it is, admins will deal with spammers. That's what I think.

Maybe we can hide the ads completely, or find a way to integrate them into our IC phone or internet, this way they're not smack dab on the chat log.  I may or may not have been guilty of so called "spamming" advertisements, sometimes you just want to overtly get your name out there.  While it's annoying, we need ads.  So perhaps hiding them will be the best way.

Edited by Cici
  • mj2002 locked this topic