• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Aquila

Spamming ads

Aquila    120

There's got to be a rule on how people spam ads. The cooldown is fine, but I'm sick of seeing the same copy-and-pasted ads all the time. It's uncreative and spams the screen.

This is what I'm talking about:

6MalSeP.png

I don't mean to be offensive to people who do this, but it really is an eyesore to see the same repeated ad every minute or so. I don't mind seeing different ads for the same business every so often, but the same ad every minute or every twenty seconds? That's going too far. Need to encourage creativity in ads, or variation at the least.

Lance    165

It's quite annoying while you RP. Otherwise I dont mind but not at the moment of RP. 

Edit: Some ads are simply annoying, it's like people spam Company ads on purpose.

Edited by Lance

stompkins    28

I too would like a rule placed into effect in regards to this, every twenty minutes would be more then enough. Any chance this can be discussed further?

Lance    165
25 minutes ago, stompkins said:

I too would like a rule placed into effect in regards to this, every twenty minutes would be more then enough. Any chance this can be discussed further?

Don't need to make CD 20 minutes, just leave as it is, admins will deal with spammers. That's what I think.

Arteh    21

It’s not possible to do it every 20 seconds. The gold donators can only do it every minute.

Pascal    233
16 minutes ago, Arteh said:

It’s not possible to do it every 20 seconds. The gold donators can only do it every minute.

Coordinating with multiple players

Nervous    1572

The ad system will be changed soon to prevent spamming. However If someone coordinates with others to spam ads, they will be dealt with admin. Minimum colodown is a minute.

• Applaud 1

Cici    171

Maybe we can hide the ads completely, or find a way to integrate them into our IC phone or internet, this way they're not smack dab on the chat log.  I may or may not have been guilty of so called "spamming" advertisements, sometimes you just want to overtly get your name out there.  While it's annoying, we need ads.  So perhaps hiding them will be the best way.

Edited by Cici

Rocky    54

Add a function that allows you to see ads if you seek them, I'm not a fan of having to edit out ads out of my chat for screenshots. A function such as; /ads then it pops up. 

• Upvote 1