The Luppino Organization (gif animation + tutorial)

Serpico

I was playing around with a gif animation to use for the luppinos thread:

Untitled-5_3.gif

For those interested in how I done it:

I created a video (.avi) using After Effects and opened the video (.avi) with Photoshop to save it as a .gif (.gifs animate)

Photoshop:
To edit the image/add weapons/text/city skyline cut into the characters. I added items from google images then cut the item out I wanted, then I used Layer > fill with black, to give it a silhouette look. Save it as a .png so the background is transparent.

Adobe After Effects:
I used after effects for the animation, I imported a .png of the text/image I made in photoshop. The fire effect was from using after effects 'Saber text plugin', its free, search youtube for a full guide on how to use it and a download link. I rendered the file as an .AVI with 'After Effects' with RGB+alpha turned on. To save a video with a transparent background, you need to turn alpha on, in the settings. I then opened the .AVI file with Photoshop and saved it as a .gif.

You can do a lot more effects and animations with after effects. Highly recommend getting it and play around with it, tonnes of tutorials on google/youtube. It's great for videos / images / gif animations.

Edited by Serpico
  • Upvote 2
  • mj2002 locked this topic