Cinema System

I'm curious, this will only really benefit people who have CEF enabled, right? There's quite a fair share of people who have CEF disabled due to memory leak issues. 

Is there no way to have it so physical TV's can play videos from GTA by default, much like TV's in GTA:O?

Also I'm obviously supporting this.

26 minutes ago, Aquila said:

I'm curious, this will only really benefit people who have CEF enabled, right? There's quite a fair share of people who have CEF disabled due to memory leak issues. 

Is there no way to have it so physical TV's can play videos from GTA by default, much like TV's in GTA:O?

Also I'm obviously supporting this.

While CEF impacts performance, it's no different than having a browser open while GTA V is also open, if you chose to disable CEF it's totally your choice not to use the features that depend on it.

CEF is an important part of GT-MP and allows for a lot of cool stuff. It's not recommend to disable CEF, it's more of a choice and it's being improved with every new GT-MP update.

I personally have a very mid-rangish laptop with only 8 GB or RAM and a 7th Gen i5 and a very standard Radeon R7 card and I can more than have a smooth experience with my CEF enabled, I have never even tried to deactivate it.

Most people who have issues with it are people with a lot of overlay stuff, so discord/ts/overwolf ...etc overlays or people who play the game with a chrome browser open with a 100 tabs, that's not CEF fault, but more on the end of the player. CEF is just a web browser, nothing more, if a PC can't handle a web browser that's an issue for that PC.

Native Single player TV channels are already included in the xTV and the Cinema update, also using CEF.

As for making native only TV, that's not something we have planned but to answer you question it is doable, yes.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JoeWarner said:

While CEF impacts performance, it's no different than having a browser open while GTA V is also open, if you chose to disable CEF it's totally your choice not to use the features that depend on it.

CEF is an important part of GT-MP and allows for a lot of cool stuff. It's not recommend to disable CEF, it's more of a choice and it's being improved with every new GT-MP update.

I personally have a very mid-rangish laptop with only 8 GB or RAM and a 7th Gen i5 and a very standard Radeon R7 card and I can more than have a smooth experience with my CEF enabled, I have never even tried to deactivate it.

Most people who have issues with it are people with a lot of overlay stuff, so discord/ts/overwolf ...etc overlays or people who play the game with a chrome browser open with a 100 tabs, that's not CEF fault, but more on the end of the player. CEF is just a web browser, nothing more, if a PC can't handle a web browser that's an issue for that PC.

Native Single player TV channels are already included in the xTV and the Cinema update, also using CEF.

As for making native only TV, that's not something we have planned but to answer you question it is doable, yes.

The CEF memory leak issue is something new for sure. It hasn't happened when I started playing GTMP, but it has become a problem over time and I have no idea why. But I digress as that's best to discuss in another thread.

I'd definitely support a native only TV system though. Would like to see it as a prospective thing to add to the server.