How did you learn about GTAW?

I was invited by Missi a while back with my other half. We both joined up, being from LS-RP and knowing Missi, HemmaX, Rukka, Ikechukwu, Nervous etc etc etc. I knew it wasn't going to be short of decent roleplay & a dedicated staff team so here I am.

It took me a while to register to play in the game server as I was originally just sussing the forums & Discord out to see if the bad cloud that shaded over LS-RP had travelled to GTA:W. Turns out the majority of the storm stayed at LS-RP and a brief overcast came to GTA:W however a large portion of them no longer play here.

Only recently started to play in the game server but I've been a member of the Discord for a long period of time, lurking and occasionally getting into a conversation or two. Now it's a hard task for @Nervous to try and get me to shut up LOL.

Anyway. It's not been a bad choice coming here and I'm glad that all of my old friends play here. 

Since I was and still am banned on RCRP I was searching places where to rp at an a friend came up to me and said, since we both bought GTA V "Why not try GTA V RP?" and I thought that it was all voice chat and said, alright gimme something like RCRP, text based and im in, he found the site of GTA W and said "WOOOW LOOK AT THIS SITE, SO COOL" and we logged in after a short while, played, got bored and frustrated at the poor framerates and left, I came a while later out of pure boredom and stuck ever since :D

On 02/04/2018 at 10:29 PM, Lance said:

FiveRP was not that bad, their owners sucked. Server's strong 4/10. I'm glad I got a random email from GTAW because this one's strong 10/10

when the server pop on here was low for a few weeks (around jan i think) i went over to fiverp, the rp environment had some pluses such as activity in davis/strawberry, and i enjoyed it for 2 weeks or so

then i realised the flaws of the server meant there was no reason to play there for more than a month

for one, you have to put in hours of work for a few thousand dollars which is fine for some people but not everybody can play a game straight for 5+ hr sessions

there were never any updates, they denied all suggestions and would find a way to weasel out of implementing anything, they forced me to namechange from a name i had since way before 95% of the staff even joined the server, and a lot of undesirable parts of the script from late 2016/early 2017 were never even taken out

only when razz quit while gtaw simultaneously gained players, they started pushing lots of updates and it's long overdue, plus their strict ban policy certainly doesn't help

doesn't surprise me that gtaw boosted in players partially as a result of fiverp's shitty management, i won't lie there are some features of that community that are better than here but overall it's not enough to justify playing there instead of at gtaw, safe to say if i didn't already have an account that was made in 2015 i probably wouldn't have joined at all in its current state

Edited by shaobadman
5 minutes ago, shaobadman said:

when the server pop on here was low for a few weeks (around jan i think) i went over to fiverp, the rp environment had some pluses such as activity in davis/strawberry, and i enjoyed it for 2 weeks or so

then i realised the flaws of the server meant there was no reason to play there for more than a month

for one, you have to put in hours of work for a few thousand dollars which is fine for some people but not everybody can play a game straight for 5+ hr sessions

there were never any updates, they denied all suggestions and would find a way to weasel out of implementing anything, they forced me to namechange from a name i had since way before 95% of the staff even joined the server, and a lot of undesirable parts of the script from late 2016/early 2017 were never even taken out

only when razz quit while gtaw simultaneously gained players, they started pushing lots of updates and it's long overdue, plus their strict ban policy certainly doesn't help

doesn't surprise me that gtaw boosted in players partially as a result of fiverp's shitty management, i won't lie there are some features of that community that are better than here but overall it's not enough to justify playing there instead of at gtaw, safe to say if i didn't already have an account that was made in 2015 i probably wouldn't have joined at all in its current state

I also played around 2 weeks there until I got bored, script was fine, the way admins handled stuff was not. RP there was pretty much in groups and if you are a new player then all you can do is grinding(unless you took some friends with you), server itself seemed like grinding simulator, even when i had two friends, we struggled to find RP and I finally realized that I go there just to grind. Then I got lucky because I got that GTAW email(still idk how and why) and I found out that this is the best server I've ever tried(Updates, focus on RP, admins actually listen to community, admins talk to community). And you mentioned 5rps bans, legit, i saw people getting banned for not ending their RP line with a dot.

Guest Ingram
20 hours ago, shaobadman said:

I agree that server's reputation begins with positive administration, hope GTA:W won't screw it up =D