[GUIDE] Rockstar Editor - HQ Screenshots

Hi! So I get asked pretty of often about my screenshots so I though I would attempt to make a little guide on what I do and all that.

So first of all i'll show you my graphics settings - regardless on the settings you play on I think this can be useful to enhance your screens.

Spoiler

image.png.a99c12821d660351a22a95d4f1f8a29a.pngimage.png.da6eb40da41c64efe0f94fcdb6b65489.png

Okay! So here is how the shoot looks before and after editor for the example

Spoiler

vNNc8Gm.jpgLnfOPJ3.jpg

So once you have recorded your footage (It should be F1 for everyone) you need to go into your single player settings to enter the rockstar editor. Rumor has it you can enter it from the GTMP log in screen, but personally it doesn't load up for me so I always have to go into GTA V single player in order to access it. Once you're in the editor click "Create new project" find the recording and start editing.

Spoiler

zI5wmrf.png9CmlazF.png

You're only going to need the first three options from the editor Camera, Depth of Field(ehh), and Effects.

vy5Bj9x.jpg

Camera:

First with Camera go in and change it to Free Camera and hit Edit Camera. Here you will have options to Zoom in, Zoom out, roll the camera, and just move it where you like. I personally like to zoom in the camera as much as possible than just back up to give it a more "higher quality". Just a personal choice you can do whatever you think looks best.

MMiBtv0.jpg

Depth of Field:

Once you have gotten your positioning to your liking you can go into Depth of Field. It is going to be set to a default at 50%, I personally like to keep it at the default and just play from 50%-100% (not too much of a visible difference) There is options to change the focus up more to make it more clear on your character and out of focus on the surrounding area.. Again just play with it to your liking.

Effects:

Finally to the Effects section. I almost always put contrast at +1 and brightness at -1. I'll show you what it looks like.

Spoiler

95uJ1WK.jpgmAlRDRR.jpg

It's a subtle, but definitely makes a difference for the better.

I personally leave Vignette and Saturation alone as they don't make the shot look any more appealing to me. 

For the filter my two go to are always 'Inferno' and 'Nostalgia' they give a bit of a orange hue, but they look the best. I NEVER put a filter at 100%. You should always keep your filter % between 10%-40%. If you like to have an obvious filter look on your screenshots than go ahead and go higher, but beside that try to keep it under 40%.

Once you have perfected how you want your shot to look hit the 'H' key to make all the settings vanish from the screen and got to your preferred screenshot application. I personally use ShareX.

H - hides the tool bar(hit H again to bring it back) and M- brings the settings page back up if you noticed it's not there anymore.

And that's about it! Hope this is helpful to those looking to start using the editor! :1f62c:

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...