Development questions ?

Nervous

6 hours ago, Shaderz said:

Any plans to make the script less command-based and more interactive/GUI-based?

Honestly, I'd like to have both GUI & Command based options. Since sometimes a CLI (Command Line Interface) is faster than using the GUI. (Talking from a Software Developer perspective, as I am one.)

An example of a fast shutdown command:

1. WinKey winkey1.jpg.18fbb9ec51a314b2eb410dc80a43e394.jpg + R
  2. Type: 
    shutdown /s /f /t 0

said command will shutdown computer, will not ask about closing apps and will do this instantly, if you replace 0 with a digit it will make it a timed shutdown, or if you replace "/S" with "/R" it will restart.

Way faster than using a GUI, other examples I can give of instances where it was useful are copying files off a damaged USB stick via the Command Prompt which worked while the GUI didn't seem to want to copy files.

7 hours ago, Shaderz said:

Any plans to make the script less command-based and more interactive/GUI-based?

On 4/13/2019 at 1:05 PM, Pascal said:

It's not that we're intentionally "trying/forcing" to stay using commands, it's that UI programming (using CEF) is a skill most of us in the development team simply do not have. It relies on web (HTML/JS/CSS knowledge) and ability to make nice looking UI, most of the development team have near-zero experience in doing this and as such we've been unable to make a lot of systems UI-based.

There is however an internal focus to eventually work on UI, we have several systems we'd like to make more UI-based, and I believe one of the devs with CEF experience intends to make a system that makes it considerably easier for us non-UI devs to produce functional UI we can interact with with little CEF knowledge.

It's not intentionally done like this, it's simply a product of us lacking skills in CEF UI. Once we have the people/systems in place to put more CEF in, we'll do so.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to know if the Development Team has full-fledged, active, hospitals in their agenda. There doesn't seem to be any option to pursue a career in Medical Field except the BLS provided by the LSFD. 

If not, are licenses such as PPP (Professional Psychology Practice) or LPM (License to Practice Medicine) considered to be added in the future to legally practice medicine on our own terms? 

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, Vitta said:

I'd like to know if the Development Team has full-fledged, active, hospitals in their agenda. There doesn't seem to be any option to pursue a career in Medical Field except the BLS provided by the LSFD. 

If not, are licenses such as PPP (Professional Psychology Practice) or LPM (License to Practice Medicine) considered to be added in the future to legally practice medicine on our own terms? 

It's not currently on the agenda for the development team, it's a decision that would be first made by Legal Faction Management before being put forward for development.

• Pillsbury locked, unlocked and locked this topic