PSA: use /attributes, /examine, and /describe

It is crazy how few people use /attributes and /examine. They're very useful when you can't be bothered to ask via /do what someone's character looks like.

In the interest of roleplay, I believe it was best that this thread exists because apparently not many people are aware that the commands are on the server. I understand that the commands are kinda bugged. Usually a temporary (or permanent, unsure) fix would be to use /attributes clear, then restart.

The commands are simple:

/attributes [description] - add anything here. Things that describe your character, such as their race, ethnicity, gender, etc. The most important attributes are height and weight, as well as build and stature. It is vital that you, as a player, describe your character to the best of your ability so others can understand how you're portraying them. It is far more difficult to roleplay with someone without knowing what they're like. Are they fat/skinny? Are they black/white/oriental/other? Are they athletic? Simple things like these can make a big difference.

/examine [id/name] - simple. Use this command on anyone to see their attributes.

/attributes clear - removes all of your attributes. You'd need to readd them after. You can add up to four lines of attributes.

Usually if you /examine yourself and nothing shows up (not even something like "your attributes aren't set" or whatever), use /attributes clear and add in some descriptions. 

There's not much else to say. I wanted to make this because I had to tell people about the commands and they didn't know they worked and/or existed. Thanks for reading this thread. Hope this has some positive impact on everyone.

P.S. one more command!

/desc (or /description)- a simple command for temporary descriptions, i.e. your character is on their phone, drinking a specific beverage, or they're stressed/anxious/injured. Use the command again to get rid of it. This command makes a red text appear over your head for everyone to see.

Edited by Aquila
  • Upvote 10
  • Thanks 4
7 minutes ago, shaobadman said:

among the many commands that aren't found anywhere under /help (last time i checked)

Yeah, wasn't aware this command existed. There's also a sort of darker purple type /ame I've seen people use and haven't figured out which command it is yet. 

3 minutes ago, Pascal said:

Yeah, wasn't aware this command existed. There's also a sort of darker purple type /ame I've seen people use and haven't figured out which command it is yet. 

/createscene? very useful tool

there's also /desc for red text above your head, e.g. /desc Taco in hand

then /desc again to get rid of it

13 minutes ago, Pascal said:

/description

I'll add it to the thread.

Edited by Aquila
5 minutes ago, Flow said:

Nice thread, this was necessary. Wasn't it bugged tho? It's fixed now?

I think it might still be bugged, but I found the temporary solution - "/attributes clear" fixes it to allow people to re-add their attributes. 

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...