Staff Interview: Norrig, For GTAW 1.0

staff_interview_norrig.png

The Media Team is very excited to release this interview with @norrig to get you warmed up for GTAW 1.0. With GTAW 1.0 many new and exciting things are coming, we have seen this with the recent auctions for the Garage and Metallurgy Factory. The Property Team is very active and has been delivering lots of content to the server recently, check out everything they have to offer HERE.

Please enjoy the interview, it's well worth the read.

- Notbond

In light of the up and coming GTA World 1.0 we thought an interview with Norrig, the current Head of Property Management would be a wise thing to do. Property Management has been here since the very first days of GTA World. They've had massive influences in allowing players to lease businesses to promote RP. They've helped players when it comes to construction of interiors, as well as create houses in populated area's of LS for players to buy and help keep only the most active of players from owning these buildings.

Norrig has taken up the position around 2 months ago with the retirement of Missi, in this time we have seen a significant expansion of roles of Property Management. And with the launch of GTA World 1.0 we hope to see them grow with their ambitions and successes.

Without further stalling, I bring to you the interview I had with Norrig.

So first off, how do you feel property management as a whole is functioning right now?

As a whole, I believe property management is functioning very well. We’re currently 4 active and dedicated team members constantly trying to improve our department, we’re adding new features, we’re working to improve our communication and we’re constantly trying to involve more players into not only our work but also our decisions. 
Recently we’ve changed and modernised our great construction system, originally implemented by @missi, in an attempt to bring more RP and IC interactions into the system. We’re now demanding a certain amount of natural ores along with a cash payment before a new property can be constructed. This means players can now directly influence the prices of new properties added. We also loosened the rules for construction companies and made the whole process more easy to understand and friendlier to be a part of.

We also adjusted the leasing possibilities, modernised and simplified the system to make more sense. I’d like to publicly thank @rozi for his great work with the leasing department.

We’re handling over 90% of our workload within 24 hours and we rarely have anything outstanding or pending. All of us are always open for questions, feedback and just general chats about what we’re doing and what we’re planning. We got some new exciting things coming up and we’re already working to improve our construction system even more.

Second of all, What plans do you have in the future to expand Property management?

I believe expansion comes naturally with the general player base expansion. We’ll recruit based on our workload and once we’ve hit a point where we feel like we could use additional staff assistance, we’ll recruit.  I’m very confident we’ll reach a player base soon that will require another staff member or two to help us out. 

Thirdly, construction seems to have slowed down a lot on the server, how will you regrow this?

I’m glad you asked. You are correct construction has been a bit quiet lately. I believe it’s our fault for not advertising it properly. We’re working alongside with GTAW’s talented media team to bring some more focus to the system. While we’re at it, I want to stress that our system allows every single property in Los Santos to be yours! All it requires is a proper, realistic roleplay reason and a fair payment. The price of a new property will always be possible to manipulate through in-game interactions!  

If you’re reading this and wondering whether construction is something for you or not, the answer is yes! Our system allows all kinds of roleplay, from ore mining to mob intimidation, theft and ore heists, street robberies, financial rp and more. Our system allows you decide your own desired income. You can underbid, overbid, win a bid by experience or simply by destroying your competition. Let me refer you to this thread: https://forum.gta.world/en/index.php?/topic/4596-changes-to-our-construction-system-february-update

I’d also like to note that right now the housing and business market is somewhat saturated. Most people prefer a lease over a more pricey buyout option, which I understand. There’s risk involved with buying a property, but with the right person behind the steering wheel, there’s also great possibilities for profit!

Finally, how can players contact you to give feedback on the system? Have you been looking at player suggestions and how have you implemented these into your work?

Community members, both staff and non-staff members are always welcome to contact any member of property management with their feedback, questions, thoughts or ideas. I want us to be known for being open, friendly and always up for a chat. I have specifically chosen my team with that in mind. We’re always open to suggestions, in fact, we encourage it! So please do send us your suggestions, either through a message or through a forum suggestion. We’d love to hear what you guys have in mind. Criticism is also welcome! 

Our current construction system was mostly based on feedback from our users and we actually went out and contacted relevant players for their feedback before our public announcement. Leasing pricing and availability are also mostly based on feedback from involved parties. Interior pricing is directly based on a public discord discussion. So we’re definitely open to feedback and thoughts, we love our community!

Thank you all for reading, and with this, we hope you enjoy GTA World 1.0 and we further hope to see more prosperous times on our server.

Written by @Mecovy , interview with @norrig . Graphic by @Everett

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 2
  • Canadian unfeatured and unpinned this topic