Character Creation/Customization revamp [GAME 4/5]

Orcaninja

Okay so the character creation system(and surgeon) is still pretty clunky. 

I think if everyone said they wanted to see out of it that we could make it function a lot better.

Some things that I would like to see done myself would be:

• The head features being in the order that they are on the GTAO creator. This will make face conversions at least a little easier. They could be renamed too to match what they are on that chart. That would make it a lot less confusing when converting the GTAO settings over to here. 

• The accessories section should be broken down into what is inside it. "Misc. Clothes" can contain scarfs, ties, etc. The Jewelry inside should be broken down into bracelets, chains, and earrings. That'll allow people to pick multiple accessories. Or, a max # of accessories could be done. The same approach could be done with some other sections of the clothing system. Whatever the blank accessories are should just be removed or fixed if they actually do something. 

• Decals should be brought in as their own category. I recommend putting a max # on them so it works for both a jacket and the undershirt that comes with it. The lack of decals is a big part of why so many shirts don't stand out. 

• It would be nice if we could type out a number if we want to in addition to having the scroll for number values. It'd save a lot of time when it comes to doing character customization in all sections.

• In the tattoo system, there are a few tattoos that need to be put in the right body category. I can find one of those later.

• The character creator itself could be revamped to be more appealing possibly. If people could share their own ideas on how they'd like that to be done it'd help a lot. Right now it's very non user-friendly and that's the first thing people see when they come on the server. I recommended this server to someone today (2/22/18) and their big complaint about it was the camera angle. 

• The range that the commands work inside the clothing stores should be increased to work everywhere within the interior.
  • @Catcher had this idea: 2bb6b44a19404f02df9f01d0ba116b87.png

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 1

Good suggestions, the first screen that new players see after joining is character face creation and the way it is right now definitely isn't very pleasing.
I'd like to see the names of parents rather than parental ID's, and knobs and gliders for tweaking everything. This will surely need a lot of trial and error and time to implement, thus I believe it should be given a high priority by the development team. 

This a ready script for gt-mp already, however, implementing it isn't as easy as it looks, and it misses alot of features here're the problems:

• There is no clothing slots in this script, so we'll have to somehow merge our current clothing system with it
  • This has a unified char creation screen i.e. hair/tattoos/face/makeup all in the same place, which will need a major rework of how those shops work IG OR how the actual script works
  • migrating to any new character customiser will take alot of time to make compatible with current characters already IG, I'm pretty sure no one will be happy about a character looks wipe just to add a new char creator

That been said, renaming some of the menu items in the character creator is a good step to make it more readable/easy to understand.

I'm not saying a better script can't happen, it can indeed, it'll just take a while to perfect and integrate into our existing ecosystem.

• 3 weeks later...

Supporting this suggestion, however, not really something that can be done in a month or two unless the development team decides to completely drain their lives away by going through every item. I do believe that some things need to be recategorized though. I'd rather prioritize newer features. It's not really broken, just kind of ugly.

Edited by Lady
  • Nervous locked this topic
  • 1 year later...