Extending the text/dialog key cap.

Should we implement this for better showcasing & experience?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 4.2.2018 at 8:41 PM, Simon_McKnight said:

I almost never come into boards like this but I came across this topic... it's actually a problem that has been bothering me a lot since I joined the server, I'm glad someone else has also realized that problem.

It's really annoying the fact that you gotta cut your longer sentences into smaller chunks like Cici described up there.

Yeah, text roleplay is very time consuming and people actually have to wait quite a long time to receive an answer back after they have given their sentence, it's not as fluid as talking which makes longer sentences even more of a necessity because I feel like it actually slows me down a lot, sometimes my sentences are cut in half, then I gotta erase that, find a proper cut out point and then make a line because sometimes there's not enough room to create that dashline either so you gotta make even more adjustments.. or you end up with something like "He was goi-" "-ng there" or you end up with the same being written twice to save some up some time that was lost..

I come from LSRP where longer sentences have been available for a very long time now, it wasn't always like that as far as I remember but the longer sentences actually make the roleplay more enjoyable, it makes it more fluid and easier. The grammatical errors are easily also overseen and it's just way less hassle overall.

My character talks Japanese sometimes which limits the characters I can use even more as I have to add [Japanese] and sometimes... if I'm around people, I can't even go for the shortcut which is use [Japanese] {sentence}- and then continue the sentence without having to write [Japanese] again because it might confuse people so I'm forced to write [Japanese] as much as three times to cover a sentence that could be written in 1 line normally.. 

It's really annoying and much more time consuming because you have to take these extra steps, I really hope there will be much support for this suggestion because it would be great.

Because of you I’ve changed my decision. :)

Supporting!

• Orcaninja locked this topic
  • 10 months later...