Group SMS

aloegarten

This may have (correct me if I'm wrong) been suggested in the past, if so I haven't seen it.

But pretty much - add Group SMS'ing.

It'd work just like a /SMS groupname message - if you have people in it added, they'd show up with names, if not - they'd show up as their numbers. Commands could be simple, like - /createsmsgroup name, /addsmsgroup person/number, /renamesmsgroup name, /removesmsgroup person/number.

This would discourage certain demographics being forced to use radio's and it's a lot more realistic than certain demographics having to do so (especially in this day and age, imo.)

Edited by aloegarten
  • Upvote 1

If we were to compare the server to real-life, then we should have group texts over radios. Who uses radios in 2018? Everyone's more/less using some form of a social networking app for group chats. 

I feel like the command should be made something shorter, kinda like /r. I would suggest /g or something. I support this addition.

in this day and age this one makes more sense than using a radio

if we're thinking about realism it makes more sense to slow down in your car to reply to a group message (which is illegal but that's an in character issue) than slowing to speak into a radio

the only reason this may not be considered is that texts are more secretive, but people rarely bat an eye right now on the server when someone's texting during a social situation so it shouldn't be too much of an issue

• 3 weeks later...
  • Everett locked this topic
  • 10 months later...