Vote for the next feature!

Future feature poll.  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally believe we should hold off on adding more quick jobs, as I believe money should be generated through role-play rather than grind. 

A system that I believe is vital for the server, is a loan system. I'm not talking about any old loan system that needs to be paid off in a few weeks, but a loan system that links to your account, and takes money out of your account every payday until it's paid off. This is a system that would force the people attempting living out of their means, (i.e you buy a car for 550k, use a loan, and can't pay it off.) eventually $0 out, where the item that they bought with a loan is deleted from the server, or if it's a house put back on the market. 

I believe that this can be reinforced with a banking system, and shouldn't be something you have to pay off in 6-8 weeks. I think there should be an option that suits everyone, with a maximum of 6 months. 

This could also be implemented with a credit system. 

But let's be realistic, if you want a car that's worth over $200,000; the chances are you don't wanna save for it. This isn't what people do in real-life, so why not implement a similar system in the game?

I do believe an application should still be forwarded, and that this should be ran by the staff team. There's a multitude of other things that can be added to this, but I do believe that this is the most vital. 

--

Another idea that ran by my head, is a car leasing system. A system where you could lease a car for a maximum of 6 months and a minimum of 2, followed with a down-payment. Similar to the loan-system, if you zero out, the car deletes itself from the server. 

Edited by Kimberly
19 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

I say we script the trucking job. Prison system too early due to the player base. 

You know, I just thought about this. You are right, with the current player base, do we really want to throw people in prison for 3+ days?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Kota said:

You know, I just thought about this. You are right, with the current player base, do we really want to throw people in prison for 3+ days?

Exactly mate. At this current time the server wouldn't benefit from a prison system IMO. There should also be more jobs that aren't grindy because it's hard to find roleplay ATM. Might be because of the player base who knows. I really do have high hopes for this server and want it to succeed.

I said it before and I'll say it again, the thing this server needs the most right now is interactions with other players. Actual roleplay.
I think the best and easiest way to approach this, is by privatizing all current scripted jobs and focusing on creating more businesses and job opportunities that forces player interactions. We all want to make money, but the hard fact is the current main-ways to get money doesn't have the slightest sense of RP involved.  
Feel free to go through my post history where I have elaborated further. 

On 1/5/2018 at 5:45 PM, Jauss said:

Thats not what I meant. - I meant a council that had a vote, in order to vote for which subjects would be seen ingame next. - The "problem" with this kind of voting, is that everybody with a forum account can participate in the vote. People who doesn't have the right insight in what would be the most healthy choice for the server now and in what order they should be added in. 

So... an electoral college? Eh, I feel like any system like that's just going to cause drama based on who gets in and who doesn't and their choice and what not. I like the idea of someone more focused on keeping people up to date, someone who likes being a chatterbox among community members.

In the end, we are pretty transparent and I hope pretty democratic. Just because the population swings for one choice in the poll doesn't mean the development team has to maintain it if something else is deemed more necessary. If anything, the staff team can be the backbone that discusses the votes before it's actually invested into. It's our jobs to put the server first in our decisions after all.

1 hour ago, Wisci said:

So... an electoral college? Eh, I feel like any system like that's just going to cause drama based on who gets in and who doesn't and their choice and what not. I like the idea of someone more focused on keeping people up to date, someone who likes being a chatterbox among community members.

In the end, we are pretty transparent and I hope pretty democratic. Just because the population swings for one choice in the poll doesn't mean the development team has to maintain it if something else is deemed more necessary. If anything, the staff team can be the backbone that discusses the votes before it's actually invested into. It's our jobs to put the server first in our decisions after all.

In order to make a strong and healthy community, you can't let every decision be in the hands of staff. The backbone of a community like this, is and will always be the players. No players, no server.- Heck, I'd suggest having a poll for all community members. A poll for a council of selected, active and trustworthy members. (Lets say active community non staff faction leaders, who got strong healthy faction thats been active and around for X amount of time and who could maybe even talk this through with their factions etc.)  And then last but not least, a poll for staff. I personally think that this would give a way better insight on what should be next on the update list and what people really wants to see in-game and why. 

This might be a very selfish thought, but even tho I haven't been around long, I still feel like I have a lot of things to say here, due to my activity and my way of dragging other people into my world and making it fun to be on the server. Im having a lot of fun playing here and my faction is in growth. 

I am just afraid that if the updates are coming in the "wrong" order, the server will never grow. 

3 hours ago, norrig said:

I said it before and I'll say it again, the thing this server needs the most right now is interactions with other players. Actual roleplay.
I think the best and easiest way to approach this, is by privatizing all current scripted jobs and focusing on creating more businesses and job opportunities that forces player interactions. We all want to make money, but the hard fact is the current main-ways to get money doesn't have the slightest sense of RP involved.  
Feel free to go through my post history where I have elaborated further. 

This however is a really brillant idea. I have already done some great RP from this kind og proposal, introducing new players to good and steady jobs in the mining industry, handout out free vans in order for people to use them to earn me money and then let them keep the car afterwards. This had led me to some nice business relations which now is people im seeing in-game every other day. 

Make an actual mining corp.

A garbage office. 

A fishing center 

And a Courier Central. 

Make them player owned and controlled businesses and make people able to only have 1 type of job. Maybe the good old /takejob and earn hours in order to get bonuses and what not. Then if you quit your job, you'll have a 12 hour cooldown on the /takejob command.  - There is no realism what so ever, in going out mining several hours. Going back into town, fishing and then driving down at the docks, because you feel like driving some trucks and vans. 

And for the love of god delete the taxi company and make it freelance. So people who buys a taxi can use the fare thing (not sure if this is already possible). Then players might even start their own taxi companies etc.

So on and so forth. Listen to Norrig. He's on to something here. This could really turn the boat around to the favour of the server.  

Edited by Jauss