portable homes - trailers/rv

shaobadman

some people might remember the journey in some samp servers being used with the /enter feature to access a custom interior assigned to the vehicle

4942-gta5-journey-front.jpg

the journey is also in gta 5 and it also has an interior

latest?cb=20141223175137

it has a stove and a bed etc but i think it's pretty unlikely for this to be practical so i offer another idea

N8I1JC1.jpg

a cut down (remapped/redesigned) version of trevor's trailer interior assigned to the vehicle, and each one registered as a property just like houses

it might be a little too much for just a journey because the vehicle is quite small, and the size doesn't quite work, which is why i also think we should consider this

8144-GTA5-2017-11-08-13-17-17-17.jpg

this is ortega's trailer from singleplayer - it's a prop so it can be pushed around/placed anywhere (we were testing it in game today with @Lionhearted to see what adjustments would need to be made if it was implemented)

i'm hoping that caravans or trailers can be used as portable homes for those that don't want to have a house, with rules on where they can be placed (greens, fields, abandoned lots, etc) and for periods of time e.g. if you've had it placed on one spot, you can't have it moved again for at least a week

also y or /enter to enter it, maybe trevor's interior or a custom small interior can be assigned to each one

i think we've all dealt with gypsies or other travelers temporarily moving into our towns before it'd be neat to see that on here, but with some limitations on placement if it's a trailer instead of the journey caravan

thanks

Edited by shaobadman
  • Upvote 2

+1 on this entirely, would definitely make the world feel more unique + actually lived in rather than unhabited.

On 18/12/2017 at 1:04 AM, shaobadman said:

this is ortega's trailer from singleplayer - it's a prop so it can be pushed around/placed anywhere (we were testing it in game today with @Lionhearted to see what adjustments would need to be made if it was implemented)

I was also here testing w/ them, + we noticed after a while Ortega's trailer counts as a vehicle (as in you can enter, move, and destroy it).

So I propose to add something like a "Hire-A-Tow" system, rather than requesting an Admin move it or something that would cause hassle.
I know of people who run tow truck services IG but I don't think the reliability is there, plus they'd be using small tow trucks for a HUGE trailer, so maybe add a way to make it so the trailer owner is able to.

(Haven't thought as much about how the end of that would work, but it's definitely doable).

Edit: The Camper wasn't mentioned (actual Camper), in the OG thread, I believe that should also be added as a mobile home if the RV home is.

Edited by aloegarten

I feel it's a good idea to move away from the conventional idea of housing. Dynamic housing should be implemented for roleplay as well as convenience - not everyone prefers to live in a set location, and some prefer to keep moving places all the time, along with their home. San Andreas is massive, so it'd be great to add dynamic homes in the forms of trailers and/or an interior in the Journey.

2000?cb=20161018175917

Lets not forget about the Brute Camper. There's also two small interiors that might be useful for this:

gtanetwork-034.thumb.png.05ef77cd20fe16a293136bc273650c9e.png

JN0bIh4.jpg?1

I'd be fine with the clean version of Trevor's for the Camper and the dirty version for the Journey.

I'm in favor of this, but I'm not sure how well the script would handle interiors that move. I think the entire interior system right now is due for some work, in how it handles itself.

• 1 month later...
  • Orcaninja locked this topic
  • 11 months later...