How'd you feel about the addition of legal semi-auto rifles?

caballero

8 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Nothing wrong with having a SVD. Or any semi-auto rifle.

Yeah I know, I also know, that people are painting the picture darker than it actually is. We have ARs on server, are they abused? I don't think so, simply cause as stated they are expensive. Who would risk losing it over a simple argument? ARs are used in planned hits and only in properly planned hits. Now I may not be versed in gang rp, that well. But I know if people put lot of thought into rping a solid hit, fucking it up with some deathmatch style approach would ruin it for everyone. And then ARs are not something you can just carry around. A duffle bag technically raises a suspicion, does it not?People should be more afraid of legal chars not having place and time to let loose their "me kill kill kill" mood. Yes shooting ranges. Cause trust me. 99% of time someone pulling out a gun, outside criminal rp is just a player wanting to have the last laugh. 

In robbery situation, even if you have a gun. If you are held at knife point or gun point, don't pull it out. People are not that fast as they think they are. Like never. If someone trails a gun at your head, it takes 1 second to pull the trigger, compared to your 10 to pull it out and level the barrel into correct height.

Edited by Engelbert
1 hour ago, UTOPIA said:

Bartender by day, 'car enthusiast' by night with PF, CCW, GC draws his rifle on you for laughing at him, what do you do?

Apply for a PF, steal his Lesbian GF with my amazing finger Magic, that Magic being typing fast, then find a reason to PK him, and then buy a Pariah. Last step can function as the first as well.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Shekh said:

i get outdoor ranges but who hunts with a semi-automatic rifle? 

I do. I hunt with a 6.5 Grendel on an AR-15 platform with a Leupold VX3 scope with a Yankee Hill Titanium suppressor.

It's super neat to hunt with a suppressor and is more common than you think. It doesn't just rip the woods with that crack that an unsuppressed rifle does and send whatever you're hunting running. Most of the time they're just weary of it because they don't know what it is. And I've dropped multiple coyotes and hogs in a single group before they got too scared and ran off completely. I mean, they hear the bullet, and most of the time they'll run about 10-20 yards and stop. Then you drop another one, so on and so forth.

So fifteen years ago? Very uncommon. Ten years ago? You started hearing about it. Five years ago? Happened but wasn't normal. Now? It really depends on what part of the country you're in and what you're hunting, but with the influx of people in the military coming home and going back to hunting? Not to mention the proliferation of people wanting tactical equipment in general. It's a thing. Well, at least hunting with AR-15s is.

But you've pretty much always been able to get semi auto rifles for hunting.

Edited by SaintBatemanofWallStreet
42 minutes ago, Shekh said:

i get outdoor ranges but who hunts with a semi-automatic rifle? Honestly makes 10x more sense to hunt with the shotguns available to PF now. And what would you even be hunting.

What kind of a serious question is that? Why would you hunt with a shotgun over a rifle designed for shooting at ranges a shotgun is not designed for?

4 minutes ago, Marksman said:

What kind of a serious question is that? Why would you hunt with a shotgun over a rifle designed for shooting at ranges a shotgun is not designed for?

So there are some states that only allow shotguns during firearm hunting seasons. Illinois, Iowa, Ohio, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Massachuetts, Delaware, Maine, and Rhode Island are the states that mandate that. But those are backwards states anyways. I'm looking at you especially, Ohio.

Just now, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

So there are some states that only allow shotguns during firearm hunting seasons. Illinois, Iowa, Ohio, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Massachuetts, Delaware, Maine, and Rhode Island are the states that mandate that. But those are backwards states anyways. I'm looking at you especially, Ohio.

Whaaat? Thats nutty, better slug up.

Then there's the states that disallow low caliber cartridges for hunting on the other end of the scale.

Just now, Marksman said:

Mangled corpse tho

Ever tried to shoot a deer that's running? They're fast. When I was a kid, we hunted in South Carolina, and they did what they call a dog drive. Started at one end of a patch of woods and set out some dogs. They drove the deer same as like they did fox hunting. And we were on the other end. Out runs deer, lead it like a bird and shoot. Buckshot.