How'd you feel about the addition of legal semi-auto rifles?

caballero

10 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Do we get admins playing animals? If not for hunting license I see no reason why should people keep semi rifles at home at all. A handgun is for protection yeah, if we are talking about a rifle, that doesn't look like for protection anymore.

Hunting licenses and hunting zones have been brought up icly many times. I believe that will be a thing after the upcoming mayor votes. It creates interesting rp even if you fully npc the animal.

Just now, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

The approach here is to ban both groups when they do this. Ban them for a few days and OOC bar them from ever getting a PF again on any character. Done deal. The criminals? Ehh - stupid is as stupid does.

I have never seen anyone get banned for handling a weapon too well.

It's actually happened, and it's pretty common, the other day, someone got banned ((or jailed, or temp banned, the thing is that the punishment is there regardless.)) for having perfect precision and combat skills as a 16 year old char. It does happen, and admins don't go easy on people who do it.

I've been wanting this for almost two years. As a character that was built to mess around with firearms, be it quartermaster, gun shop owner and such, the lack of legal support for firearms is massively disappointing. I'm still not sure why I can't legally own a Mk. 2 twelve gauge but an illegal can, it makes no sense to me. 

If there's no other way since management is scared it would go into the hands of shit tier RPers, make them go through Legal FM, and make it application based. Good application, detailed background and other info and off you go. I feel it's unfair to restrict legal RPers massively thanks to a few bad apples in the community that don't care for proper RP.

People don't seem to understand that a rifle is just as powerful as a shotgun in home defense, so you can't really pull the argument that a "rifle is more OP". Making it application based, I highly doubt you'll ever see someone hop out of a Pariah with an AR-15 shooting at someone over insults. Overall, I'd love to see rifles up for ownership and I don't think that a few shit tier RPers should restrict an entire gun community over it. Believe it or not, there's a lot of legal players that properly roleplay and develop, and not don purple hair, drive an Elegy Retro and drift around town.

Edited by JustAnM43
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JustAnM43 said:

I've been wanting this for almost two years. As a character that was built to mess around with firearms, be it quartermaster, gun shop owner and such, the lack of legal support for firearms is massively disappointing. I'm still not sure why I can't legally own a Mk. 2 twelve gauge but an illegal can, it makes no sense to me. 

If there's no other way since management is scared it would go into the hands of shit tier RPers, make them go through Legal FM, and make it application based. Good application, detailed background and other info and off you go. I feel it's unfair to restrict legal RPers massively thanks to a few bad apples in the community that don't care for proper RP.

People don't seem to understand that a rifle is just as powerful as a shotgun in home defense, so you can't really pull the argument that a "rifle is more OP". Making it application based, I highly doubt you'll ever see someone hop out of a Pariah with an AR-15 shooting at someone over insults. Overall, I'd love to see rifles up for ownership and I don't think that a few shit tier RPers should restrict an entire gun community over it.

I ? want ? my mk2 ? m4

And modify it to my liking.. A little sight.. A grip, a nice bronze color over it with red accents.. Get my character even further down the gun nut rabbit hole, which is something we can't really do as a "main rp" right now due to limitations. It'd be really fun. 

7 minutes ago, Santanaa said:

It's actually happened, and it's pretty common, the other day, someone got banned ((or jailed, or temp banned, the thing is that the punishment is there regardless.)) for having perfect precision and combat skills as a 16 year old char. It does happen, and admins don't go easy on people who do it.

Look man, I'm not calling you a liar - I'm just saying I've never seen it. And I put in some hours on the server.

Here's why it doesn't make sense to me, and I'm not saying that your instance is incorrect. The majority of 16 year old kids that aren't competition shooters wouldn't handle a gun like that. I agree with that.

But, an admin doesn't have any business telling anyone what their character could be good at. Because the admin has no idea about the character. And yes I realize that there are people out there who are saying they are 21 year old members of SEAL Team Six, and I'd crucify them for it if they'd let me. But a believable backstory on just about any skill is not something that should be managed by an admin who knows nothing about a character.

So if we're not talking injuries, and even then that's wishy washy because some admins don't know anything about that either, but I digress. There's no comparison to be made.

That level of micromanagement shouldn't be occurring, but again, I digress.

My point is actually this.
If someone gets their brand new PF rifle, rolls around in their Pariah down to the hood and starts to some shit with some gangbangers and whips out his rifle and starts blasting - baaannnn themmmmm. Because now we're in the realm of poor character portrayal. Because I've owned literally dozens of guns, and then number of times I've driven to my nearest hood and started shit with someone, wishing a motherfucker would? Still zero. It's unrealistic.

Edited by SaintBatemanofWallStreet
1 minute ago, JustAnM43 said:

People don't seem to understand that a rifle is just as powerful as a shotgun in home defense, so you can't really pull the argument that a "rifle is more OP". Making it application based, I highly doubt you'll ever see someone hop out of a Pariah with an AR-15 shooting at someone over insults. Overall, I'd love to see rifles up for ownership and I don't think that a few shit tier RPers should restrict an entire gun community over it.

You're looking at it in the context of IRL, but unfortunately GTA, especially with the current sync doesn't hold weight to your argument. Shotguns are way less useful than any rifle on the server, if not for what the gun is but the sync. I get the logic behind management not allowing legal rpers to buy assault rifles because one it'd create an influx of high powered weaponry, two it will go in improper hands. Weapon suppliers can be monitored on who they are supplied to. To get a PF license it's incredibly easy. Now, to offer a solution to your problem perhaps create a seperate license for people that want to own those rifles. 

Another issue with your argument is, irl a pistol is not going to run you 15-25k sooooo yeah.

If someone gets their brand new PF rifle, rolls around in their Pariah down to the hood and starts to some shit with some gangbangers and whips out his rifle and starts blasting - baaannnn themmmmm. Because now we're in the realm of poor character portrayal. Because I've owned literally dozens of guns, and then number of times I've driven to my nearest hood and started shit with someone, wishing a motherfucker would? Still zero. It's unrealistic.

This, this, this, this and even more this.

Just now, MickeyO said:

You're looking at it in the context of IRL, but unfortunately GTA, especially with the current sync doesn't hold weight to your argument. Shotguns are way less useful than any rifle on the server, if not for what the gun is but the sync. I get the logic behind management not allowing legal rpers to buy assault rifles because one it'd create an influx of high powered weaponry, two it will go in improper hands. Weapon suppliers can be monitored on who they are supplied to. To get a PF license it's incredibly easy. Now, to offer a solution to your problem perhaps create a seperate license for people that want to own those rifles. 

Another issue with your argument is, irl a pistol is not going to run you 15-25k sooooo yeah.

I wasn't aware of the shotgun being that incredibly synced, appreciate the heads up. Also, the AR-15 isn't an assault rifle. If you've read what I said, heavily restricting it for people that won't dump it into the wrong hangs is a possibility, same as Keane said. I never said they should be allowed in PF's. Special licenses handled by Legal FM would be perfect, that way it's monitored who has access to legal rifles and who doesn't.

2 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

This, just ban people. If you're gonna get a rifle just to have some shit rp with it, deal with the consequences.