GTAW Economy status and possible rebalances

MartosG

I'll start off by saying that this isn't another complaining topic about the economy, as far as I know the economy is healthy on the server, but there can always be improvements, and I don't see any downsides of discussing about them. There's a few different points I'd like to mention, I'll keep them short and precise for the sake of simplicity. Noteworthy topics, the relation between IRL money and IG money, and the addition of more taxes (upkeep costs).

•  There's nothing wrong with the relation being 1$:10$ - however this does cause some confusion. I've encountered a numerous number of people that decide to roleplay actual values (ex. complaining about a drink being $400) instead of the IG ones, and while I don't necessarily agree with this I understand, but it still bothers me. There are no defined bank notes from the dev team, I think it would be nice for them to define these (ex. 100$ note, 1,000$ note, 10,000$ note), even though these don't exist IRL - this would help everyone being on the same page. A random idea I've had, which is rather absurd I admit, is deducting everyone's money by a set percentage, and lowering the prices of vehicles and market price of properties by the same percentage, along with other identical readjustments.

•  Taxing more assets such as properties and businesses. A weekly tax based on the market price of the property. The general idea being so that citizens have increased expenses, rather than their net worth just steadily rising. Realistically if you own 2 properties and 3 vehicles, you will need a decent paycheck to maintain them. This could potentially open up the possibility of a new division under the government based on the IRS. 

These are just things I've been thinking of lately and I was curious to hear the input from the rest of the community.

Edited by MartosG

Server has around 3 to 4 years now. It's too far gone to change a core aspect like the economy is. The tutorial itself explains that the server has a 1:10 ratio, if they didn't read it's on them. I can't say much otherwise since I live in a place where the inflation is immense so all the prices make logical sense to me (Yes, vodka is $200+ per cocktail here) since I already adapted to it mentally, therefore I can't add more to it other than what I have said previously.

The only economy revamp that I'd personally like to see is some sort of incentive for people to own/rent a house/apartment/condo/flat.

It makes no sense to me that a good portion if not majority of people are technically homeless. We need some sort of debuff/incentive to own a house.

4 minutes ago, TritonXVII said:

The only economy revamp that I'd personally like to see is some sort of incentive for people to own/rent a house/apartment/condo/flat.

It makes no sense to me that a good portion if not majority of people are technically homeless. We need some sort of debuff/incentive to own a house.

I've been meaning to bring this up for a while but yes, there's a large portion of people who straight up don't care about owning a property. (So more our less a, report them to PlayerMgmt thing)

But a large majority of the issue is a lack of housing that is unavailable for the community where people want to roleplay. 

The amount of people outside of LS continues to grow and there's maybe 50 owned properties outside of LS that I've seen? The majority of the properties outside of LS are owned by PM and need a house request (Warehouse interior or for sale for $1). In reality they need to drop houses onto the market, either a single large drop or slowly pop them up on the map. Houses outside of LS go for 3x market value buyout right now because they're so uncommon. 

I'd love to see the amount of people in the Paleto hotel all renting there because there's probably 5 per room if not more. We desperately need housing outside of LS. 

• Upvote 1

The 1:10 isn't inflation, it's been there since the beginning.

The average bank money actually decreased a lot over the years as we removed scripted jobs and added way more restrictions on it, revamped wages with weekly wages etc.

The server is actually losing more money in its economy that's it's putting into it right now.

We've just made economy choices that are fully explained everywhere regarding prices, and you'll also find the reasons of these threads.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Nervous said:

The 1:10 isn't inflation, it's been there since the beginning.

The average bank money actually decreased a lot over the years as we removed scripted jobs and added way more restrictions on it, revamped wages with weekly wages etc.

The server is actually losing more money in its economy that's it's putting into it right now.

We've just made economy choices that are fully explained everywhere regarding prices, and you'll also find the reasons of these threads.

Some charts comparing the average income/bank accounts etcs over each year would be interesting to see, so we can better see how the economy is changing over the years.

4 hours ago, TritonXVII said:

There are tons of cheap places in the city, to buy and to rent. Debuff? Not necessary at all. Incentive? Perhaps doable.

34 minutes ago, MartosG said:

There are tons of cheap places in the city, to buy and to rent. Debuff? Not necessary at all. Incentive? Perhaps doable.

Once again, very much depends on where you want to roleplay. If you want to roleplay outside of the city it's pretty much impossible to find a place. I know South Los Santos has a property pop up for sale maybe once a day if even but even then they're swiped up pretty quickly. Of course the issue in South Los Santos is simply the amount of players there and not the lack of property. Outside LS is a different story though. 

Pricing isn't the issue here it's location. Having a two week cooldown to sell doesn't help either because IF something does come up where you actually want to roleplay after the fact then you're stuck with the other property you didn't even want in the first place simply because you decided to settle for something else. 

9 hours ago, Sim said:

Server has around 3 to 4 years now. It's too far gone to change a core aspect like the economy is. The tutorial itself explains that the server has a 1:10 ratio, if they didn't read it's on them. I can't say much otherwise since I live in a place where the inflation is immense so all the prices make logical sense to me (Yes, vodka is $200+ per cocktail here) since I already adapted to it mentally, therefore I can't add more to it other than what I have said previously.