[PR™ Media] Mayoral Candidate Oswald Halford - Sit Down Interview

eden ღ

AkKPS4o.png

PR™ Media Publication
Oswald Halford - Sit Down Interview

WQtvhNx.png

Important Notice

In the interest of transparency we are making full disclosure that the interviewer in this article; Freddy Mellet, has previously announced his support of the Republican Party. Steps were taken to provide an unbiased and educational look at Oswald Halford and his campaign in that questions asked were not followed up with further questions; and no questions were asked about other candidates. To keep things short and concise, a total of fifteen questions were asked that were deemed to be of public interest.

With the lack of diverse coverage on the mayoral election, likely caused by Los Santos and surrounding regions really only having one fully established mainstream source of news as of current; we wished to interview the candidate in the interest of further adding to the public information already out there, allowing the public to make a more educated vote.

We at PR™ Media do not publicly endorse Oswald Halford, nor his opponents, remaining apolitical as an entity. Views held from individuals within the company are personal views and not representative of the firm under our anti-bias impartiality policy. No money was exchanged in the making of this article nor was any form of contractual agreement made.

The Interview

Being on the frontlines and having been injured during the Los Santos Riots, I saw first-hand some of the passion in citizens that called for an end to racism within the law enforcement agencies. What would you say to the people who feel that their voices haven’t been heard?

Racism and discrimination is a battle we will always face, the issue will never fully disappear. People cultivate beliefs from widespread misinformation and personal experiences that may taint their views on certain ethnicities and cultures, we must do our best to be proactive and help prevent these issues through outreach and fact-checking. My administration will not stand for discrimination, we will actively fight hate and hold any official in our city accountable.

--

Areas like Davis can be almost like a warzone at times in shootouts between law enforcement and local gangs, how do you plan on working with the Police Department in tackling issues like this?

Communities in the Southern District need every ounce of support our government can provide. The community there feels abandoned, ridiculed and harassed. They feel like a target rather than a community made up of working families, people who thrive and sometimes suffer; I wouldn't blame them for feeling this way. 

Past administrations have failed the Southern District and I'm going to make sure I don't make the same mistake, I intend to provide community outreach, assisting businesses in the area, and establishing community centers to keep our vulnerable off the street. The support they need is major, and it will be up to my administration to provide it. 

Gangs are a potent issue, but we must attack the foundation from which gangs form, we need programs that'll keep people off the streets and being more involved in education, work and their community.

--

For those not already aware, could you dive into your past a little, providing some background?

I was born in Northern Los Santos, but I've worked all over the city, before I became involved with politics, I spent the majority of my life building businesses. I was educated locally, graduated from ULSA, I owned a variety of venues across the city, and I even invested in the businesses of prospective owners who needed help to establish their dream. 

My involvement in politics began a little under a year ago when I joined the Republican Party, I helped out Chairman Daniel Cunningham and over time, I eventually found myself in the Chairman role after Daniel had resigned. My focus shifted from business to public service rather quickly, as I left all my businesses behind; I am a hundred percent committed to the people of Los Santos.

--

What makes you and your party stand out over other candidates and their parties? Why do you and the Republican Party deserve the people’s vote?

My commitment to our city and its residents began within a year-long journey, I've spent this time surveying our various communities, discovering issues that we face and staying informed of what goes on. Research goes a long way. I'm confident that the policies I have ready will be beneficial to our city as a whole. I'm prepared to effectively implement the change our people wish to see. 

I'm ready to listen to feedback and willing to accept criticism so we can enhance our policies to benefit our residents in any way possible. The opposition we face is more recent, they may have some understanding of the issues we face, they may cover certain topics I haven't, but I feel strongly that our city needs dependable, determined, dedicated and honest leadership. I'm prepared to do the job that not many are prepared for.

--

I’ve found that people from minority communities such as the LGBTQ+ community, the Korean community, the Armenian community and many others, that while they are vocal and present in various regions of Los Santos, they have not actually been given any formal representation or leading voice in any form of power. What plans do you have to further represent them in your proposed government?

Under my platform, I intend to establish places of where people of various minority groups can have their voices heard. We need outlets in which they can stay in touch with their District Representatives, places where they can speak in person and prevail. 

I hope to bring to fruition the Los Santos Chamber of Commerce which will be able to have a wider array of community leaders and members involved, it is intended that this body will have frequent contact with elected and appointed officials, so they may work hand in hand to meet their needs.

--

Having helped the less fortunate without homes, I know first-hand that homelessness is quite a major issue within the city and outlying areas, how do you plan to support the vulnerable? 

We need a combined approach of temporary and long term methods. We require temporary housing in the form of homeless shelters, to keep our vulnerable off the street, that is our temporary solution. Our long-term solution is in the form of social policies, establishing job seeking and educational programs to set people on the right track, the track to success, supporting them in breaking free of this low period in their lives. 

Local charitable organizations such as health clinics and community centers are depending on us to help them help others as well, I intend to establish the support these charities need.

--

What will your office prioritize as its first issues to tackle if you were to win the election?

Updating our city charter, implementing professional standards and working on our transparency and anti-corruption measures. These will serve as our basis for my administration, and other officials.

--

If you were to win the election, would the voice of the democrats and independent parties be heard and considered? And if you were to lose, would you be willing to concede and still contribute to making Los Santos a better place?

Absolutely. I want to see every view represented in our government. If I were to lose, I'd still like to contribute in any way I can, my goal is to help our city and it's outlying areas.

--

Many in politics make claims and don’t follow up on them, what makes you a trustworthy candidate over others?

Our city charter will contain more effective measures on impeachment and accountability, being an elected official is not something you can slack on, it's a public service and it is mandatory to uphold. I'll be setting a high standard for our officials and I will remain accountable for every action I commit. 

I personally will be judged by my actions, which will seal my fate. My administration will be the beginning of a new era within our government, one that I intend our citizens to benefit from and ensure they get the representation and transparency they deserve.

--

In many places across the country, the inner-cities are given all of the focus from their local government, and the outlying areas are often overlooked and neglected, do you plan to give every district fair and equal attention?

My plans with the Los Santos Chamber of Commerce and accountability policies will ensure the voice of every community is heard. People are not a commodity that you can discard, they are the foundation of our proposed administration, no matter where they're from or what community they are a part of.

--

What is your plan to support small businesses, within the city and out in the county respectively?

I intend to increase our business bonus program which many businesses depend on, as well as re-establish our grant program for prospective startups and charities. I would also like to see more contracts given to businesses so we have access to a wider and professional network of services that can benefit our residents.

--

Who are the most influential figures you’ve taken inspiration from both in your campaign but also in your day-to-day life?

I would say my mother and father are the people who inspired me the most. They've always been charitable people, they raised me to put the welfare of my community first rather than myself. Generosity and a small act of kindness go a long way, and I hope to bestow that kind of service for all our residents.

--

How do you plan to reduce the cost of housing criminals at the Twin Towers Correctional Facility and other structures like it?

We hope to work with the JSA and local agencies to establish effective programs that rehabilitate our inmates and provide a more lenient approach for juvenile and first-time offenders, possibly changing the penalties for certain crimes. I have no intent to cut any costs that would be detrimental to the humane condition or safety of our inmates.

--

What is your stance on gay marriage; do you support the state government in their legalization of it?

I do support same-sex marriage. You can't stop yourself from falling in love with someone, regardless of their gender. It's frivolous to try to force people to conform to a certain sexuality. Love is a very fluid thing, it changes based on many factors and personal connections. 

The national branch of the Republican Party and our local branch, as well as myself, stand behind this decision. I believe people are free to enter the sacred bond of marriage with whoever they are consensually with.

--

Do you plan to work with Native Americans in protecting their land with the legal designation of them as reservations for federally recognized tribes?

I absolutely do. Our District Representative for Blaine County, Joseph Hoffman - has met with and appointed a Tongvan representative to his cabinet, we'd also like to see a Department of Tribal Affairs come to fruition so local natives are represented to the fullest extent.

Final Notes

We'd like to thank Oswald Halford and the Republican Party for their time in coming to speak with us and we hope that our readers can find themselves a little more educated on the elections. Voting stations open on the 23rd of October, do your research on each candidate before then and don't forget to do your civic duty, vote!

Like our Facebrowser page!

Edited by Freddy Mellet
  • Upvote 10

Username: Nayeli Greyfeather

Comment: Great article Freddy. I'm really excited for my sit-down interview with Mr. Halford.

I'm looking forward to Alexander Strenge or James Shore responding to my messages about this and contacting me to give me a time and date.

I'll take any time and date before the election. Let's make this happen!  ?

Edited by Greyfeather
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Username: lucidandspectator128

Comment: UM MM YEAH Nice presantation as always a convinsing Facade if you are blind as always to what can really be seen when you look at the Bastard ""Oswald"" great Butcher and Master of the Abatoir who can speak for ITs plans is not clear what he is doing but what has known is that Their are at least multiple (((AT LEAST)) people constantly under attack from his Agents and repersentatives of his agenda which is MURDEROUS AND BARBARIC IN ALL NATURE. The Bastard FACADE OF ""OSWALD"" Is cracking slowly giving you pretty Picture and a nice image for you to think of him as He is going to help but clearly when you Scratch away a surface you see the rot beneath. FUCK YOU THE BASTARD "OSWALD" we will find a way around your defense's and Expose your tracks clearly even for the most pathetic idiot to understand You are the piece of shit who has so many dogs cocks pointed at his faggot ass hole

27 minutes ago, skink said:

Comment: UM MM YEAH Nice presantation as always a convinsing Facade if you are blind as always to what can really be seen when you look at the Bastard ""Oswald"" great Butcher and Master of the Abatoir who can speak for ITs plans is not clear what he is doing but what has known is that Their are at least multiple (((AT LEAST)) people constantly under attack from his Agents and repersentatives of his agenda which is MURDEROUS AND BARBARIC IN ALL NATURE. The Bastard FACADE OF ""OSWALD"" Is cracking slowly giving you pretty Picture and a nice image for you to think of him as He is going to help but clearly when you Scratch away a surface you see the rot beneath. FUCK YOU THE BASTARD "OSWALD" we will find a way around your defense's and Expose your tracks clearly even for the most pathetic idiot to understand You are the piece of shit who has so many dogs cocks pointed at his faggot ass hole

Username: ConcernedCitizen

Comment: Looks like someone forgot to take their medication today. Might want to get on that chief.

1 hour ago, skink said:

Username: Red

Commend: THE NOSE OF GOD COMPELS YOU.

093f813c78.png

• Thanks 1

Comment: 

Hello again Mr. Halford, Mr. Strenge and Mr. Stone. You don't seem to be replying to my requests for an interview with Mr. Halford? 

This strikes me as a little odd because I thought that one of Mr. Halford's key themes in this election has been, "to take charge and remain accountable."

Freddy's interview was interesting, but I can promise you, and the voters of Los Santos, that even though mine will be equally respectful, I'll actually ask some tough questions.  Like I did already with your political opponent, Malikah Saleh.

I'm sure that an unscripted one on one interview with someone who has no political alignment would achieve Mr. Halford's accountability goal.

I remain available at any time, any place to interview you Mr. Halford.

You already have my details.

Thank you.

Nayeli ?

39 minutes ago, Greyfeather said:

Comment: 

Hello again Mr. Halford, Mr. Strenge and Mr. Stone. You don't seem to be replying to my requests for an interview with Mr. Halford? 

This strikes me as a little odd because I thought that one of Mr. Halford's key themes in this election has been, "to take charge and remain accountable."

Freddy's interview was interesting, but I can promise you, and the voters of Los Santos, that even though mine will be equally respectful, I'll actually ask some tough questions.  Like I did already with your political opponent, Malikah Saleh.

I'm sure that an unscripted one on one interview with someone who has no political alignment would achieve Mr. Halford's accountability goal.

I remain available at any time, any place to interview you Mr. Halford.

You already have my details.

Thank you.

Nayeli ?

Username: BlaineCountyRocks
Comment: are you claiming this interview is scripted, even tho it isnt? fishy. hows the yemen money treating you btw? 

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic