Rich people living in the ghetto for low housing cost

Juicy

Title explains itself, lately I’ve been seeing a lot of mallrats grabbing houses around ghetto areas driving around in expensive super cars and acting like this is Vinewood or Mirror Park or something. What should we do to avoid this? If your character is low income and white it’s fine but I see a lot of higher class people driving fancy cars buying homes in the ghetto and turning the interiors into luxury living apartments and it just keeps multiplying 

Edited by Juicy

Punish them. Steal their cars, key their cars, etcetera. I mean, I don't imagine a Lambo's gonna do fine in a bad neighborhood, so you guys should totally show them that IC.

But yeah, don't take my comment as "take it IC", I totally agree with you and I have pet peeves of mine when it comes to realism issues too.

• Upvote 4

I've been trying to figure out ways to lessen the amount of "rich" people living in the ghetto IC but I doubt we can go that route considering that there isn't much you can do about somebody owning property/land, I think its really an OOC issue and something PM has to double down on, we have enough apartments and houses in other areas, I don't see the point of people doing this.

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola

It's simple, if a players assets don't match the character or the character doesn't match the assets the assets should be removed without reimbursement. Additionally I personally believe that in the case of properties they should be first offered to factions in the area before being put straight on the market but that's just me.

You've got people driving 5 or 6 cars living in 75k studio apartments that they've changed to a custom interior to make it more upscale. The combined value of all your vehicles significantly overshadowing the value of your home should me an immediate red flag. 

32 minutes ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

I've been trying to figure out ways to lessen the amount of "rich" people living in the ghetto IC but I doubt we can go that route considering that there isn't much you can do about somebody owning property/land, I think its really an OOC issue and something PM has to double down on, we have enough apartments and houses in other areas, I don't see the point of people doing this.

True but isn't there an actual property rule specifying that your properties have to be aligned with the wealth and income of your character? If so, you could as well report them.

I think we should have a system where accepted factions in certain areas get a bulk of the buildings (specifically the south) and if they close they'd have to give it up and receive compensation unless they plan on using the buildings with similar characters.

42 minutes ago, DoomedAmerica said:

Happens sometimes IRL, not often but sometimes. As someone above me said, fuck with them for being rich in a poor neighborhood, break in their house, rob them, taunt them, steal their car, tons of shit u can do IC.

Just to get shot or get arrested for something that isn't even realistic in the first place.

This is against the rules. 

Under section 1.5 it addresses this specifically. 

Consider how realistic it is for your character to live in certain areas. We want to promote neighborhood roleplay. The following are examples of poor portrayal, and if you do not have appropriate development or reason to live in a specific area, then you may become subject to losing your property:

• Your character being fairly wealthy, drives sports cars, hangs out in upper-class areas, but chooses to live in lower income areas like South LS (Davis, Strawberry, Chamberlain, Rancho, El Burro). (Failure to adhere to this rule will result in asset seizure and a discussion in regards to your character's background and how to go forwards)

Report these people when you see it. Completely agree this stuff should be taken care of via OOC PM intervention. 

Edited by Cellestine
  • Upvote 1