IC Generosity on GTA:W.

yerro

12 hours ago, Law said:

Correct, as for the topic at hand, I roleplayed a homeless character for a short while and often times it ended up in unprovoked assaults and generous donations. I used excess money on medical bills with /charity, small money sink but it kept the realism alive by struggling to receive more than you lose.

Said it like a million times already so I apologize if I'm parroting myself but if you're playing a homeless / VERY poor character please for the love of god don't RP your bank account, it makes things WIDELY different then "typical" RP and turns GTAW from some social simulator to a borderline survival game.

You'll bust your ass to make borderline nothing and be stuck between either buying food, gas or clothes for the weather and before you know it you've got nothing at all and you're back at it, trying to find different ways of making cash, it's really fun honestly and the idea that ALL your cash and items can be taken at any moment (because chances are you'll never have over 5k from panhandling) is terrifying and SHOULD be. 

Thankfully never had many unprovoked assaults though, if I ever did I'd take it IC as L.S being a fucking cesspit of a city. 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Homie said:

Elaborate why I didn't get kicked by AFKing the first 40 hours of my character then, please. Also, do the test yourself and see what's what. 

Government bank? So you assume that players spend that money gambling, buying guns, drugs, whatever it is... And it comes back to the government?

Whoever told you that is just bullshitting you, I'm sorry. There is no way even half of that money will go back to the server itself, even if they buy cars, they'll buy from players because at this point is nonsense buying from a dealership, maybe when you buy an apartment that isn't being used, then yes, that money does go back to the server, other than that? No. 

I'm not saying the economy is fucked right now, quite the opposite it is going strong, but this is not an economy meant to last 5 to 10 years. If every new player has the "power" of pumping $600,000 into the server, the server is constantly growing with new players, how many players we need for the "government bank" run out of money and new players stop receiving money? That won't happen buddy, there is no bank. This money comes from the server itself.

You don't get kicked for being AFK but after about 30 minutes of inactivity the timer for receiving money stops until you move again. I know this from experience. 

Not all of the money some receives will go back to the government but it would eventually. Things like a character wipe, CK, player getting banned all puts money back into the city bank.  

You can believe that there is no government bank but Nervous has mentioned in the past this is how the server is set up. 

Your initial 40 hours increased paycheck that prevents you from doing any grind to start roleplaying is from a welfare program financed by the government bank, so other players' taxes.

This is how it's always been. 

5 hours ago, DjoleK said:

You are correct. The starter money comes from govt bank which is in turn filled with taxes and whatnot. The only issue is that govt. bank started with something like 1 billion in it.

Yeah this really is no different than making money appear out of thin air, until that money runs out anyway.

I've seen this argument a lot before and I really don't get it. The constant obsession with hyper-realism, acting exactly 1-for-1 how you'd act in real life is so alien to me.

The whole idea is to create a sandbox universe where the main currency is realism (realism != hyperrealism). With that being said, it's not unrealistic for someone to donate $200 irl to someone that's clearly in need. Perhaps you don't have that kind of money to spread around, but it doesn't mean that people generally don't.

Let people roleplay whatever they want and have fun. If they want to roleplay a dude with a huge heart and deep pockets, then so be it. As long as they aren't pistol whipping homeless people for being homeless and jumping off star tower, I'm completely fine with it. If you want hyperrealism, just go outside dude. We're being constantly bombarded daily with school, work, family responsibilities, bills, bitching and the government bending us over, I don't understand why you want to re-create that climate here. Let people /pay you and have a good time. If you don't want it for your character, /charity it and have it be the end of it.

Money management is a real thing and people that spend it so yolo-ish are making an IC and OOC mistake, which once again, is part of the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 1
9 hours ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

Not all of the money some receives will go back to the government but it would eventually. Things like a character wipe, CK, player getting banned all puts money back into the city bank.  

You can believe that there is no government bank but Nervous has mentioned in the past this is how the server is set up. 

I read what he said and I would like to quote something that I found interesting.

"Closed circle economy

We have achieved after 2 years all the changes we wanted to put in place on the gamemode to work in a closed circle economy, what does this mean? Every $1 you're receiving or giving ingame is going to another player:

Your taxes are going up to the government, your purchases are going into businesses' banks which are then paying their employees, expenses, etc."

So, as Nervous himself said, any kind of money you receive or give will go to another player, so money stays between players, fine. But as I said before, every player has the opportunity of racking up $600,000 throughout the 3 characters he can have. That's $600,000 per player, We have on average a good 600-700 players, don't we? If we were to estimate how much money we have going back and forth between players it would be something around 300-350M.

Thing is, every new player that joins will pump AT LEAST another 200K in the server, as the years go by a lot of people will come and will also leave, but the money will stay. That's my point, you're constantly pumping from 200 to 600K per player while all the money that goes around and comes around stays between the players.

It is no secret that in a while money will not hold any sort of value because everyone will have so much that it doesn't even matter. We seen it before buddy, this already happened. I believe I am doing something good just for pointing this out to whoever's reading, including staff. It's a matter of time before money loses value. If money loses value then something will replace it, as I said, drugs and guns. That will be the new currency. There is time to make a change.

Edited by Homie
29 minutes ago, Homie said:

I read what he said and I would like to quote something that I found interesting.

"Closed circle economy

We have achieved after 2 years all the changes we wanted to put in place on the gamemode to work in a closed circle economy, what does this mean? Every $1 you're receiving or giving ingame is going to another player:

Your taxes are going up to the government, your purchases are going into businesses' banks which are then paying their employees, expenses, etc."

So, as Nervous himself said, any kind of money you receive or give will go to another player, so money stays between players, fine. But as I said before, every player has the opportunity of racking up $600,000 throughout the 3 characters he can have. That's $600,000 per player, We have on average a good 600-700 players, don't we? If we were to estimate how much money we have going back and forth between players it would be something around 300-350M.

Thing is, every new player that joins will pump AT LEAST another 200K in the server, as the years go by a lot of people will come and will also leave, but the money will stay. That's my point, you're constantly pumping from 200 to 600K per player while all the money that goes around and comes around stays between the players.

It is no secret that in a while money will not hold any sort of value because everyone will have so much that it doesn't even matter. We seen it before buddy, this already happened. I believe I am doing something good just for pointing this out to whoever's reading, including staff. It's a matter of time before money loses value. If money loses value then something will replace it, as I said, drugs and guns. That will be the new currency. There is time to make a change.

When did firearms and narcotics become the primary form of currency on this server?

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, TritonXVII said:

I've seen this argument a lot before and I really don't get it. The constant obsession with hyper-realism, acting exactly 1-for-1 how you'd act in real life is so alien to me.

The whole idea is to create a sandbox universe where the main currency is realism (realism != hyperrealism). With that being said, it's not unrealistic for someone to donate $200 irl to someone that's clearly in need. Perhaps you don't have that kind of money to spread around, but it doesn't mean that people generally don't.

Let people roleplay whatever they want and have fun. If they want to roleplay a dude with a huge heart and deep pockets, then so be it. As long as they aren't pistol whipping homeless people for being homeless and jumping off star tower, I'm completely fine with it. If you want hyperrealism, just go outside dude. We're being constantly bombarded daily with school, work, family responsibilities, bills, bitching and the government bending us over, I don't understand why you want to re-create that climate here. Let people /pay you and have a good time. If you don't want it for your character, /charity it and have it be the end of it.

Money management is a real thing and people that spend it so yolo-ish are making an IC and OOC mistake, which once again, is part of the game.

You know, aside your attempts to take jabs at people you're trying to prove wrong, your post just reeks of the LSRP attitude that I hope this community's never going to have.

Nonetheless, I respect your right to an opinion, but I defo hope I won't get to roleplay with you on GTAW.

It is because money is too easily made and there are no day to day expenses. After a house and some cars it gets virtually worthless. I always get those IC "WHOA THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH SIR" after tiping a bar tender few grands. It's kind of annoying, for me it's just 20 bucks.