Improper police sniper deployment

.George

Preface 1: Point of this thread isn't to bash anyone involved but to simply point out and discuss the topic from title. Please don't turn this into faction bashing as it won't do no good.

Ever since a gun update has been deployed we have seen increase in police snipers being deployed, and while I have no actual experience in using scoped rifles other than hunting, a common sense and the actual purpose of said rifles isn't for them to be used in close quarter combat, however we have seen multiple instances of PD deploying sniper units in well...rather awkward places.

The whole point of sniper rifle is to use it on vantage points as scouting tool more than the actual firepower, and if it comes to that to use them as precision shots to disable suspects.

However, even with that said police is deploying them at locations at which not only would a sniper be vulnerable, but at locations where a simple carbine rifle would be of more use than the actual sniper rifle. Not only is it illogical but it also makes it look a bit too silly and unprofessional, making people involved look only like they wish to ‚‚flex'' big toys.

Below, two personal cases of what I would deem to be improper sniper deployment.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Spoiler

unknown.png

1 minute ago, Woona said:

There's could be more OOC factors than we can see. The sync and distance could be at play here, seeing the sniper were close quarters.

Do not roleplay a sniper, at such a distance a pencil would be a more effective weapon of choice. Why was a sniper needed in such situation, you want someone with a vantage point? Sure that's all fine, but why would in a situation like this anyone use anything but an M4 rifle (or w.e they are rping the carbine as )

Hi! PD SWAT here!

So first of all, deployment of snipers is completely unrelated to the gun update. There has not been an increase, we have had these weapons since the start.

Now, as for the two screenshots posted:

Screenshot 1: That sniper was assigned as overwatch. Meaning he is not going to have a look over the scene, his goal was to look for anything coming from outside the scene. Why that is, I will not describe here in a public topic as it is a fully IC-matter.

Screenshot 2: That sniper was deployed during a hostage situation, from the information I had, where you have to go for precise singular shots. Here a sniper rifle is utilized over an M4, which would require multiple shots to kill someone.

If you feel this is still not right, you can forward your complaint to LFM or to PD leadership. Thank you!

• Upvote 6
  • Björk locked this topic