Be REQUIRED to do roleplay the initiation of a shootout.

caballero

How many times have we seen "walk by's" or stuff like that, where people walk up to their target, and scroll their gun and start firing without even a single /me ?

There's way more scenarios as equally as dumb as this.

What am I suggesting?

Be required to do some sort of roleplay to initiate a shootout.

This roleplay can vary by the user's liking, the most basic form of it would be the following :

/me raises his weapon, opening fire on his targets.

But this can be expanded upon by the user's liking.

I'm fine with scrolling weapons, but it's just too dumb to start firing without anything RP'd at all, makes this look like a DM server. By the time you notice you're being shot at, you're already at half HP. In real life, you'd see the enemy raising his weapon and taking aim, even in close quarters combat. (( That's not the point though. The point is making combat RP cleaner. ))

This wouldn't have to be RP'd by all parties involved, only one user of one party, to make the other party aware that an enfrentation is occurring, instead of the other party freezing up and being like "oh we're getting shot at, I guess", but as I've said, everyone can expand it as they wish, and I'm pretty sure that there's already a lot of people who RP this, but it's not enforced afaik. 

I honestly don't know how to explain myself and I get some dumb anxiety when I make suggestions, since I try to explain every single detail to perfection. I'm open to suggestions for this suggestion, just leave them down below and I'll edit the post with user suggestions.

Edited by Santanaa

No. People either run away when you hop out, or stop and type... or walk up, and do etc etc etc. Most people don't have a bind/paste on ready, and if they did it'd be against the rules. Overall, I hate to put a dent in your emotions today; this suggestion ain't it chief. You need to experience illegal roleplay in action, to understand where me and many others are about to come from.

37 minutes ago, Santanaa said:

In real life, you'd see the enemy raising his weapon and taking aim, even in close quarters combat. 

Mhm...

And you think you'd have time to react (assuming you even had time to register the situation in your brain)?

Your character is already immensely more resilient than a real person. You can pretty much tank 3-5 bullets and still run. Now you want a chance to actually be able to dodge the 2nd shot because you saw a /me that contained the keywords "gun, glock, fire, shoots" in it?

I don't think scrolling makes it look like a DM server. You not being caught by surprise and ducking for cover only to fire back, does though.

7 hours ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

No. People either run away when you hop out, or stop and type... or walk up, and do etc etc etc. Most people don't have a bind/paste on ready, and if they did it'd be against the rules. Overall, I hate to put a dent in your emotions today; this suggestion ain't it chief. You need to experience illegal roleplay in action, to understand where me and many others are about to come from.

^^

7 hours ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

Its not against the rules to pre-write and paste an RP, its used all the time (ie. restaurant menus in /do or ramming somebody with your car) . What's not allowed is macros/hotkeys which replace RP. This is an RP server and Im inclined to agree with OP.

Edited by Keta

@Keta I do believe that copy pasting /me's for initiating shootouts isn't allowed? I mean, it doesn't state so in the rules but people quote it all the time in reports etc? Could any staff member confirm or deny this?

To be honest, I think it should be fully allowed to copy paste /me's for initiating shootouts. Not only does it make it just a little more fair, as there's a small window of seconds for someone to react if they're in range of the /me, which is good, because it's hard to roleplay things like senses, peripheral vision, maybe hearing a slide cock back on a gun in the distance, etc, things that would warn you a second ahead of getting shot at that maybe someone's gonna shoot tf outta you. 

Actually, to take it a step further, I think any form of attack with any weapon should require an initiating /me. I know some players already do this for the sake of roleplay, I know I do at the very least.

So i fully support this suggestion.

Edited by cracked

No this legit defeats the purpose of shootouts in most scenarios, shootouts happen in split second decisions where if required to RP initiation it often times becomes too lopsided on the party who is trying to RP it as he probably already has guns drawn on him. When two groups are in a war with each other they are going to be very suspicious of anyone who MAY be the enemy this results in a group trying to RP out the initiation, they end up getting gunned down before even getting the /me off. 

as someone who has experienced countless shootings without the need for emotes in the predecessor sa-mp, i doubt this will do anything but encourage copy pasting anyway lol. requiring people to do an emote and no offense, is just a lazy suggestion that might not even yield anything significant, and it just encourages more ridiculous player reports where a gang shooting is ruled out because the shooter decided not to emote pulling a gun when there's already an existing unholster animation as well as the obvious assumption that someone running/walking up to you may be attacking, etc.

12 hours ago, Santanaa said:

In real life, you'd see the enemy raising his weapon and taking aim, even in close quarters combat.

this is a pretty subjective point, you can literally be standing infront of someone approaching and still process him taking a gun out and shooting very late, especially since the shooter is likely not going to wait until you see his gun to start shooting either. the simple unholster animation gtaworld does when taking a gun out is sufficient time to process things and run if you can react, and is even miles better than the sa-mp gun teleporting to your hand which nobody complained about either.

12 hours ago, Santanaa said:

instead of the other party freezing up and being like "oh we're getting shot at, I guess"

that's how shootings go, brother. idk wat to tell you. ppl freeze up, dust off or just panic when shots pop off, but people process the actual gunshot better than reading a copy-paste of someone slipping a gun out from their waistband

• mj2002 locked this topic