If a business is roleplay only lock it or hide it

HerpToTheDerp

Short description: If a business is a roleplay only business (IE: you can only buy from it when it's open) then it should be locked by default or hidden from the map when it's closed. 

Detailed description: If a business has a roleplay only business flag set it should either be locked or just not shown on the map. There are lots of businesses on the map that have scripts that are necessary for roleplay (hardware store, convenience store, gas station, ect.) but they might be set to only be used when the store is open.

The concept of that is good but there's no reason for the icon to be shown to me if I can't actually use the store. This causes someone to drive all over the map trying to find what they want. 

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? This would simplify the map and make trying to find a shop to get the items you need easier. 

Additional information: I've run into this issue with many hardware stores. Pretty much all the hardware stores besides one are set to RP only and unless you know which one it is you have to drive all over the map in order to find it, the concept is good but frustrating when that happens. 

Edited by HerpToTheDerp
Added /when it's closed/

I don't seem to understand that issue, as you're capable of purchasing items from any hardware store that is open. Potentially, you were attempting to purchase items from a hardware store when another hardware store was already open, causing the inactive ones to become closed. Overall, players are forced to interact with ANY store that consists of a player on shift to increase engagement in roleplay, preventing them from using stores that are empty. However, if, for example, all of the hardware stores do not consist of any player-controlled employees, then you can purchase items at any store.

3 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I don't seem to understand that issue, as you're capable of purchasing items from any hardware store that is open. Potentially, you were attempting to purchase items from a hardware store when another hardware store was already open, causing the inactive ones to become closed. Overall, players are forced to interact with ANY store that consists of a player on shift to increase engagement in roleplay, preventing them from using stores that are empty. However, if, for example, all of the hardware stores do not consist of any player-controlled employees, then you can purchase items at any store.

My point is that if they are /not open/ they should be hidden if they are set to roleplay only. There's a flag a admin can set on a business so that you may only buy from it if it is open.

If all of the hardware stores are closed but most are set to roleplay only and you drive around the map to find one. It's frustrating. This is different than the message telling you to go to the nearest open business. That message is fine and makes sense. This is something different. And obviously if the business opens it should show back up on the map as it's active and all businesses should redirect you to that one. 

7 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

My point is that if they are /not open/ they should be hidden if they are set to roleplay only. There's a flag a admin can set on a business so that you may only buy from it if it is open.

If all of the hardware stores are closed but most are set to roleplay only and you drive around the map to find one. It's frustrating. This is different than the message telling you to go to the nearest open business. That message is fine and makes sense. This is something different. And obviously if the business opens it should show back up on the map as it's active and all businesses should redirect you to that one. 

Is this an extremely brand new feature? I've always been capable of purchasing items at ANY hardware store on the map.