L&A.

Le Englishman

1 hour ago, Bandolero said:

No need to get upset cuz he caught you out. I didn't realize it till now but I'm pretty sure you're so hell bent on this idea cuz you run a real estate company and it'd benefit you massively. ?‍♂️

Noones been caught out mate. Yes I run a real estate company, with no custom, because theres no system in place, I was suggesting the system, but it seems alot of bitterness towards wanting to RP it so yes I am annoyed with some of the feedback as It affects me directly of course. No Income because of OOC reasons. Of course I would support this idea as I deal with it on a daily basis and it is important to me. Can you not see that?.

7 minutes ago, $dollar$ said:

Noones been caught out mate. Yes I run a real estate company, with no custom, because theres no system in place, I was suggesting the system, but it seems alot of bitterness towards wanting to RP it so yes I am annoyed with some of the feedback as It affects me directly of course. No Income because of OOC reasons. Of course I would support this idea as I deal with it on a daily basis and it is important to me. Can you not see that?.

But what I think you're missing is there's so many things that make the suggestion not viable. What it looks like from the top down perspective is that you're trying to force a middle man into a process that is set up both OOC and IC to not need one, and when it benefits a niche amount of RP that you just happen to be a part of, it doesn't warrant an overall change in my opinion.

The way you went at the topic was all wrong. You tried to say it was powergaming to do such a thing or touched on it, rather - and it doesn't. Not even remotely. If you own your house, which the way that housing is set up on the server, you don't need someone to sell it for you, you can do it yourself. You take all the risks involved with that, but the way the server is set up with OOC rules for scamming, there is no risk. People who own their houses use realty companies to get a quick turn around. We don't have that here because there is already limited housing as someone pointed out.

To put this into perspective, one of my characters owns a house in Paleto. I don't need anyone to sell it for me. If I get the words "Paleto Bay" and "House" in a for sale ad, I can more than likely get whatever I'm asking for it. Because the demand is already there. It's because we're such a small community in the grand scheme of things. While we simulate living in a city of millions, we're a community of thousands. It cuts down the amount of leg work that's actually needed. If we had a couple of thousand people on the server during peak times, you could probably make that work easier.

Between that and the fact that if you don't own your house, meaning your mortgage isn't paid off, then usually if you want to sell, the bank requires you to list the house in either their housing documents, or have a third party realty company handle the sale. Again, we don't have that issue because we don't have mortgages, and while I might RP one on my character, the majority of people probably don't. You're talking about people that are saying their own their apartments that they wouldn't actually own. They'd lease them from the building.

So some advice would be instead of doing something like what you're wanting, which is a middle man, take a different approach such as trying to get in and own an apartment building and leasing out the properties there. It's still realty. But it's going to require a massive investment on your part and there's no guarantee that you'd even see the return on it. But hey, it's not about money, right? It's about RP.

Yeah I get you mate, and I can see it from everyone's perspective here, I thought it was a good suggestion, its not sat well with a few people.

It was a suggestion to create RP and a new channel for people to go down instead of just body shops, owning a generic business or a restaurant. But I have some other plans for other RP's as this was a last ditch attempt at Saving the realty business.

Thanks for the feedback though everyone, great debate. 

Edited by $dollar$
47 minutes ago, $dollar$ said:

Yeah I get you mate, and I can see it from everyone's perspective here, I thought it was a good suggestion, its not sat well with a few people.

It was a suggestion to create RP and a new channel for people to go down instead of just body shops, owning a generic business or a restaurant. But I have some other plans for other RP's as this was a last ditch attempt at Saving the realty business.

Thanks for the feedback though everyone, great debate. 

I've been roleplaying as a fitness trainer since early 2018. Now while your point is legit, this game will never provide you with that tier of role play, it's like me asking for police officers to roleplay maintaining a certain physical condition to pass their tests that are made every x amount of time. While it does make sense, add realism for everybody, and roleplay, it is boring and annoying because at the end of the day people want to play, before they want to roleplay so you either settle for the people who want to RP on your turf, or you do something else.

What Daquan above me said. I just don't think it fits the server, and most people won't use it. Now saying that you won't benifit, a lot of people benifit from the niche roleplay. I personally would've used a realty company as I said before if it was a hard to sell property, I think it's perfectly fine as an idea, but I don't think a system should be scripted into place to add to it.

• effion locked this topic