L&A.

Le Englishman

At no point have I called for ultra realistic systems to be put in place. All ive asked for is that we stop people being able to sell through /ad. Or incorporate Realty firms in to the game. I also would not like an ultra realistic experience. I've been through it all before irl, I have my own house etc... its not fun, but I wouldn't of had a clue what to do.  But lets be sensible about this. Selling isnt rped at all currently.

Just now, $dollar$ said:

At no point have I called for ultra realistic systems to be put in place. All ive asked for is that we stop people being able to sell through /ad. Or incorporate Realty firms in to the game. I also would not like an ultra realistic experience. I've been through it all before irl, I have my own house etc... its not fun, but I wouldn't of had a clue what to do.  But lets be sensible about this. Selling isnt rped at all currently.

Right so it goes back to what I said, you're trying to shoe horn your idea into a market that doesn't need or want it by pleading for a rule change.

I think the terms your using are actually quite rude. I am SUGGESTING a rule change to increase RP opportunities on this server to make it more enjoyable if anything. If you much prefer just typing /ad and selling your house to someone you've met two minutes ago then so be it, but I don't enjoy that low quality RP.  I've taken your point on board, but no one is "shoehorning" or pleading here, its a simple suggestion.

This suggestion reminds me of the construction companies needed to create businesses about a year ago.

While it made sense that business renovations would need to go through a construction company, the end result was that the RP niche was only wide enough for a single business - and that single business didn't give much thought to the RP aspect rather than the cash aspect. According to the construction company owner, business owners were "paying a million dollars a day so we can AFK for 45 minutes."

With regards to housing, we're in the midst of a situation in which there isn't enough to go around for the server. Most (if not all) places seem to sell for their maximum prices, so I think it's a little inappropriate to make dealing with properties more difficult until we have a market where demand isn't maxed out constantly.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, $dollar$ said:

I think the terms your using are actually quite rude. I am SUGGESTING a rule change to increase RP opportunities on this server to make it more enjoyable if anything. If you much prefer just typing /ad and selling your house to someone you've met two minutes ago then so be it, but I don't enjoy that low quality RP.  I've taken your point on board, but no one is "shoehorning" or pleading here, its a simple suggestion.

I think you're mistaking rudeness for frankness. I'm not being rude. I didn't tell you your idea was stupid, or bad. I just said it wouldn't work. And correct me if I'm wrong, but in the current form realty companies don't really work. And you're asking for a rule change to better facilitate that right? Because that's what it seems like.

And there is no opportunity like we're missing some integral piece of the server. The way the server is set up instantly sets up this suggestion for failure. There can be no risk in property sales, because there's an OOC rule against scamming for properties. And we don't have mortgages, so every home is actually owned by the player. So explain to me, after I pulled figures about 11% of the population selling their home as FSBO, it's bad RP. This isn't a question of finding someone who's best fit for the house and is gonna take care of it, like you're giving away a pet or you're finding a babysitter for your kid. This is a transaction, albeit a big one. If you've got the money, I've got the time. When I sold my condo to get my house, do you think for a single second I cared about the person who was moving in and what they were about? Did not, I was leaving for a different city. The only thing I cared about was if their check cleared. And it did.

20 minutes ago, $dollar$ said:

It is shoehorning.

Ooooor are you saying you having a real estate company and then pitching for a rule change is a coincidence?

I think not. I'm against this. If someone wants to roleplay it — they will.

25 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

It is shoehorning.

Ooooor are you saying you having a real estate company and then pitching for a rule change is a coincidence?

I think not. I'm against this. If someone wants to roleplay it — they will.

Hi there, I think I may have the wrong idea about this community in general and to what extent people are willing to RP. Its fine, L&A this then. Il lower my standards also. Thanks for your time everyone but it seems we have hit a wall.

1 minute ago, $dollar$ said:

Hi there, I think I may have the wrong idea about this community in general and to what extent people are willing to RP. Its fine, L&A this then. Il lower my standards also. Thanks for your time everyone but it seems we have hit a wall.

That was my input as a player.

1 hour ago, $dollar$ said:

No need to get upset cuz he caught you out. I didn't realize it till now but I'm pretty sure you're so hell bent on this idea cuz you run a real estate company and it'd benefit you massively. ?‍♂️

• effion locked this topic