South LS high school discussion

LaLa

1 minute ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Yes, thanks for finally understanding, I will reiterate, this will not be a faction, this is a place for people who roleplay in the south to passive rp, special dates will be selected for special events like ball games, field trips, seminars list goes on, but we will give factions the creative freedom to roleplay in the area when they please.  

I'm not sure if this is in line with what the original poster of this thread intended.

4 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

I'm not sure if this is in line with what the original poster of this thread intended.

That's great to know but an education based faction will not survive in most servers plus it'd just be a limitation to factions and what they want to roleplay, I don't think people are going to roleplay teachers for two years, I'm going with what most of the people who roleplay in the south want.

Just now, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

That's great to know but an education based faction will not survive in most servers plus it'd just be a limitation to factions and what they want to roleplay, I don't think people are going to roleplay teachers for two years, I'm going with what most of the people who roleplay in the south want.

Okay so that's ball games and seminars? No offense but your proposals seem very vague and undetailed, as least as far as you have elaborated on them here.

Just now, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Do you roleplay in the south?

I'm sure you do, so you shouldn't have any issue explaining what it really is you want to see happening in this high school. If not education, why bother with a high school setting? When someone is going to be involved in this, what can they expect? This shouldn't be that difficult to answer.

On 10/10/2020 at 12:02 AM, mj2002 said:

I'm sure you do, so you shouldn't have any issue explaining what it really is you want to see happening in this high school. If not education, why bother with a high school setting? When someone is going to be involved in this, what can they expect? This shouldn't be that difficult to answer.

We will not be creating a faction as 4/5 of the gangs and 80 percent of the roleplayers in Southen LS agreed to, the map will be used by factions to create their own roleplay, we're not going to force someone's interpretation of a high school faction on a whole group of roleplayers, that would only cause more problems, rpers in the south play in different time zones the concept of a school faction in any roleplay server is next to impossible to have and keep.

If a majority of the people who roleplay in the south want otherwise, we'll go with that in the long run, Its as simple as it sounds. The goal is to get people to do other shit, community roleplay is what we're striving for I'm not gonna force an idea on people that will not participate.

ed. What you have to understand is this isn't USLA, we have to cater to what people want otherwise nobody will want to go through with the idea, what's the point of rallying up teachers and whatnot when most people don't want it.

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola

I think there's a bit of a problem with representation. No, I'm totally fine with gang-affiliated teen characters, but the rule says you can't create a character younger than 16 years old unless you're creating one for the purpose of joining a gang.

If you guys are leaning towards roleplaying teens aged 14-15, all of which would be gang-affiliated, it'd create a poor IC balance/representation. But hey, if we're talking 16 y.o. characters then I think it'd be cool roleplay.

16 hours ago, Juicy said:

Because we want to roleplay something that isn’t a white girl college fantasy and can benefit our characters and their development 

Ah yes, but gangbanging high is a good alternative.

If people want this to be a thing why not just passively go about establishing it. Not like classes need to be an actual thing. Maybe an actual handful of 'faculty' which don't have to be teachers but could be RPing guidance counselors or perhaps a variety of teachers. Something along these lines so it's not entirely NPC'd.

Edited by Scarecrow
6 hours ago, yerro said:

I think there's a bit of a problem with representation. No, I'm totally fine with gang-affiliated teen characters, but the rule says you can't create a character younger than 16 years old unless you're creating one for the purpose of joining a gang.

If you guys are leaning towards roleplaying teens aged 14-15, all of which would be gang-affiliated, it'd create a poor IC balance/representation. But hey, if we're talking 16 y.o. characters then I think it'd be cool roleplay.

u leave highschool at age 18, btw.

And u dont have to rp a criminal to be gang affiliated, there are civ-rpers that rp in gang factions and they're allowed to be under 16

18 hours ago, Shekh said:

u leave highschool at age 18, btw.

And u dont have to rp a criminal to be gang affiliated, there are civ-rpers that rp in gang factions and they're allowed to be under 16

We're not talking about graduating alone, we're talking roleplaying being in school.

And I didn't know the rule worked like that, I thought you legit had to be an active faction member, the way the rule puts it. And that kinda implies being affiliated with its criminal activities.

If it's actually allowed to have a non-criminal character aged 12-16 in the community a gang is set up in, I'm happy to hear that.

Edited by yerro