South LS high school discussion

LaLa

Mixed feelings. The idea looks good on paper but I feel like we aren't ready for it yet.

I believe we should primarily make sure that all ULSA schools are consistently functioning and classes take place more frequently before adding another educational establishment to the server. Right now, while there is an extreme amount of activity on campus which I'm sure we can all agree it is a positive thing, there are still quite a few departments that lack not just students but faculty to cover for their designated subjects. I am in one of them myself.

I'm down to have a high school in-game, I just think right now isn't the best timing, but perhaps in the (near) future for sure.

Edited by Shaderz
1 minute ago, Shaderz said:

Mixed feelings. The idea looks good on paper but I feel like we aren't ready for it yet.

I believe we should primarily make sure that all ULSA schools are consistently functioning and classes take place more frequently before adding another educational establishment to the server. Right now, while there is an extreme amount of activity on campus which I'm sure we can all agree it is a positive thing, there are still quite a few departments that lack not just students but faculty to cover for their designated subjects. I am in one of them myself.

I'm down to have a high school in-game, I just think right now isn't the best timing, but perhaps in the (near) future for sure.

Roleplayers in the south don't rp in ULSA.

Just now, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Roleplayers in the south don't rp in ULSA.

You are missing my point. ULSA was born not even 3 months ago. It's still in an embryonic stage which means there is still a lot of work to do to make sure that all schools and departments are active and properly functioning before we can start working on founding a high school faction. It should be a community effort, so it doesn't matter if roleplayers in the south area don't roleplay there. Not doing this would split things up which ultimately would lead to not just ULSA but the high school having a much harder time growing. 

32 minutes ago, Selena said:

High school in davis was denied on several accounts of unprofessionalism conducted by the people who were proposing it and the fact that his happened:

FM are fine with allowing it being resubmitted but we're not looking to have a similar situation.

vfIXDsQ.png

EDIT: FM liked the idea of Davis Highschool but it just wasn't properly put together which resulted in ^^ and it being closed, feel free to propose it again!

My friend we had almost everyone who wanted to roleplay with the school in that discord. You can’t blame everyone. 

I think comparing the high-school to USLA as done above is wrong, USLA is a specific crowd, people who would be able to afford it, which is mostly upper-middle-class and beyond, whilst a South Central High-school would be a public one, meaning, economics don't come into account, which also means that it would have a lot more people within it. 

However, with them both being schools, there are some similarities to be drawn, teachers, staff, etc, I myself am currently unaware of how it is within USLA right now, but from what I've seen, they've manged to get a handful of teachers, enough for the rather small population attending it. A South Central high-school would require a lot more teachers, security staff, janitors, lunch ladies, etc, etc, and it would also cause issues with timing. Realistically, the school would be open from 7-16, server time or something similar to it, which wold mean the N/A or East Asian and Oceanian players would have a difficult time attending.

Assuming all of that is fixed, maybe by people being willing to suspend realism and have a 24/5 school, it would be solved. If all these issues do get solved, and you have good people leading it? I'm all for it. 

Edited by Свето
  • Upvote 2

Can we at least get an interior of the school so that we can go there from time to time and roleplay? I don't think it'll work if it's an active school due to timezone differences rather than a really cool interior to build NPC'd roleplay with in the gang RP field of South LS.

4 minutes ago, MinuteMaid said:

Can we at least get an interior of the school so that we can go there from time to time and roleplay? I don't think it'll work if it's an active school due to timezone differences rather than a really cool interior to build NPC'd roleplay with in the gang RP field of South LS.

That's what we plan to do with special events on selected dates. I don't get why people are saying that the server is not ready for a second school when the people who will be roleplaying here have no interest in roleplaying USLA

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola
59 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

You are missing my point. ULSA was born not even 3 months ago. It's still in an embryonic stage which means there is still a lot of work to do to make sure that all schools and departments are active and properly functioning before we can start working on founding a high school faction. It should be a community effort, so it doesn't matter if roleplayers in the south area don't roleplay there. Not doing this would split things up which ultimately would lead to not just ULSA but the high school having a much harder time growing. 

ULSA and Davis High are two different ideas fundamentally, the people involved in creating this have nothing to do with USLA plus its going to be an interior that people can roleplay with special events on certain dates while ULSA is a full blown school, it is a community effort you have to understand that the community is broken up into clusters, I personally will have no impact on USLA's future other than voting to increase their funding, I don't see how focusing on this is gonna affect them at all 

• Upvote 1