South LS high school discussion

LaLa

It's going to be a DM zone, people down there can't even live together without Deathmatching each other, just check player reports lmao. Imagine putting all these people together in one building, no thanks.

Edit: It's an dope idea and I would support it but seeing how the gangs are roleplaying with each other, it won't work. The community is not ready for a school down there.

Edited by DanneBRE
9 hours ago, DanneBRE said:

It's going to be a DM zone, people down there can't even live together without Deathmatching each other, just check player reports lmao. Imagine putting all these people together in one building, no thanks.

Edit: It's an dope idea and I would support it but seeing how the gangs are roleplaying with each other, it won't work. The community is not ready for a school down there.

I'd disagree with you on that. Yes, South LS has a violent culture that comes with it, this is no secret. However, this shouldn't stop something that encourages roleplay from going on down there. I'd say "promote roleplay, not deathmatch" depriving South LS of opportunities at roleplay isn't going to make the "deathmatch" problem any better than it already is. There are honest gang roleplayers in the community that just want to create roleplay and make the best for the South LS community. Stop trying to contain everyone into a box especially if you're not a current participant in the roleplay going on down in South LS.

• Applaud 2
2 hours ago, MinuteMaid said:

I'd disagree with you on that. Yes, South LS has a violent culture that comes with it, this is no secret. However, this shouldn't stop something that encourages roleplay from going on down there. I'd say "promote roleplay, not deathmatch" depriving South LS of opportunities at roleplay isn't going to make the "deathmatch" problem any better than it already is. There are honest gang roleplayers in the community that just want to create roleplay and make the best for the South LS community. Stop trying to contain everyone into a box especially if you're not a current participant in the roleplay going on down in South LS.

I changed my mind, I'd love for you all to have a school down there.

• Upvote 2

Okay, I'm a fanatic of passive rp. I used to RP going to uni some 9 months ago when it wasn't a thing. Literally /me'd that shit hard until got the Med degree. If high school happens, boy that would be literal ASTATINE! God damn...
@Certified Lover Boy Jola

If you need any help working on the map, I'm willing to chime in and toss some classes around. I just have to see what's your style and overall architectural tone of the building done with a simple screen share on discord ?

Edited by SezzeseParola

If anything this would really just serve as a much needed roleplay hub for young characters and by extension their older peers. Whether it’s successful or not, it’s definitely worth giving it a shot. Anything that offers a place for people to come together IC for some passive RP is great.

I'll agree with this only if it's a protected zone in which you cannot just go around shooting and killing people, with that in mind I would say just not do criminal activity at all with the exception of receiving a permission from either school leadership or admin team. This would be to limit shitfest and just plain out killing at the school.

This is actually a great idea. I do believe guns should be OOC'ly prohibited, but not crime in general. There are literally several marijuana dealers in every high school for example and that's part of that culture. But other than that, it's just more possibility for roleplay, so why not?

I should probably comment here ?

I think adding variety of RP is never a bad thing. That the idea if you live in Davies you need to spend the majority of time in gang violence and drugs is a pretty close minded view, so having alternate ‘sets’ for players to RP and portray there characters seems like a good thing.

You guys will no doubt have your own obstacles and challenges to overcome but if you can get the support of nearby factions, I’m sure you can all work it out!

ULSA is an entirely different situation than what’s being proposed here. By the time you’re eighteen and meet the entrance criteria (doing very well at high school & having money to pay your fees), that certainly excludes almost entirely any ‘gangbanger’ from joining who would (Mary Sue’s withstanding), by this age either dropped out of high school or cared less about getting good grades. Hence the level of ‘legal’ Rp being very high. (And yes, We still have our challenges!).

High school is entirely a different situation because it’s both free and requires no academic ability - if this is successful, I hope you guys south side can have as much fun doing RP around the schoolyard as we’ve had on the bleachers & I can’t wait for a Beavers vs Davis high football game!

Good luck!

• Upvote 1