South LS high school discussion

LaLa

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

My friend we had almost everyone who wanted to roleplay with the school in that discord. You can’t blame everyone. 

My friend there were several members in that discord who contributed to this being shut down. I'm not blaming everyone, if you read my message I said we're happy for it to be resubmitted and working on. LFM is fully aware this is something the server want and we would like to have but the work needs to be there and the unnecessary and disrespectful tags are to not be there.

• Upvote 2

Moving on, now that we know @Certified Lover Boy Jola is already in the works of mapping a high school and is in contact with PM, I agree with @MinuteMaid.

Obviously it’s going to be impossible to have a set time frame for when designated school hours are due to major time zone differences between players. If there isn’t already one out there already, There definitely needs to be some form of school board in order to be in charge of staff, making rules for IC on campus and OOC. 

As far as the argument goes that we should focus on ULSA rather than starting a whole entire new education faction, I don’t think we necessarily need to do that since while they’re both schools, they are completely different. As it was said before on this thread, for the most part people who RP characters based off living and being from the South really have no business going and being around such a pristine and expensive college. As well as the fact that as I stated originally the majority of characters that are played in the south are teenagers who aren’t even old enough to be in college. If we can come together as a community and approach PM the right way without being toxic, why not give illegal rpers a school IC as well? 

39 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Moving on, now that we know @Certified Lover Boy Jola is already in the works of mapping a high school and is in contact with PM, I agree with @MinuteMaid.

Obviously it’s going to be impossible to have a set time frame for when designated school hours are due to major time zone differences between players. If there isn’t already one out there already, There definitely needs to be some form of school board in order to be in charge of staff, making rules for IC on campus and OOC. 

As far as the argument goes that we should focus on ULSA rather than starting a whole entire new education faction, I don’t think we necessarily need to do that since while they’re both schools, they are completely different. As it was said before on this thread, for the most part people who RP characters based off living and being from the South really have no business going and being around such a pristine and expensive college. As well as the fact that as I stated originally the majority of characters that are played in the south are teenagers who aren’t even old enough to be in college. If we can come together as a community and approach PM the right way without being toxic, why not give illegal rpers a school IC as well? 

Because we want to roleplay something that isn’t a white girl college fantasy and can benefit our characters and their development 

53 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Simply put because if ULSA struggles to find people to teach the students, what are the chances finding people to teach at a Davis school?

Not only that, the amount of trolls and non-rp behaviour that happens around the campus from students and people that aren't students, I can only see this being 10x worse in an area riddled with crime, where guns and drugs are more apparent than some middle-high class university.

On 10/9/2020 at 6:34 PM, Jura said:

Simply put because if ULSA struggles to find people to teach the students, what are the chances finding people to teach at a Davis school?

Not only that, the amount of trolls and non-rp behaviour that happens around the campus from students and people that aren't students, I can only see this being 10x worse in an area riddled with crime, where guns and drugs are more apparent than some middle-high class university.

We are not going to have teachers or scheduled classes and we have rules for a reason if people decide to troll as they would anyway if that is their mindset we have admins to deal with that.

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola
3 minutes ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Roleplaying.

(pls read the thread, I'm not gonna answer the same question 12 times)

I read the entire thread, not once have you explained what will be roleplayed other than 'special events at selected dates'.

8 hours ago, LaLa said:

There’s also going to need to be security presence at all times, with metal detectors at the entrance ETC. to prevent guns being brought to school. 

I’d like to see a different type of security company on campus as oppose to the normal security that’s hired for businesses and bars, a group of security that exclusively works for the school district to defuse situations appropriately and knows how to interact with the at risk student body that would be attending the school.  

I suggest school safety officers. Most large cities have an extension of the police department which is school resource officers (SROs) that are basically school security and work for the government.

As far as crime-free zone, simply no. I already stated this in another suggestion that we do not need any more crime free zones than we have already. It is a cheap solution that deters roleplay on both the illegal and legal sides.

Fights happen in school. Fights happen nearly daily in schools in the hood, along with stabbings and muggings. However, most times the students are caught and suspended/expelled/legal action is taken, which is something that should happen here. It should be a safe zone similar to how malls are safe zones where only extreme crimes such as shootings and murders shouldn't realistically happen.

49 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

I read the entire thread, not once have you explained what will be roleplayed other than 'special events at selected dates'.

Yes, thanks for finally understanding, I will reiterate, this will not be a faction, this is a place for people who roleplay in the south to passive rp,  dates will be selected for special events like ball games, field trips, seminars list goes on, but we will give factions the creative freedom to roleplay in the area when they please.  Eventually we would try to incorporate weekly classes for the most but I won't go through trying to find 20 people to run a school when most of the factions in South Central would rather just passive rp in their timezones.

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola