[LSNN] Mayoral Election: Oswald Halford Hits the Campaign Trail

CvaVzrI.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Mayoral Election: Oswald Halford Hits the Campaign Trail 

Nayeli Greyfeather

gta-world-camera-2020-10-8-9-16-15.thumb.png.8660f74b9ec5495dc4a190fc8fbdaf03.png

Oswald Halford, Republican Mayoral candidate

Republican Mayoral candidate Oswald Halford has hit the campaign trail strongly. If you've been paying attention, you will at least have noticed advertisements for his ongoing campaign bus tour, a slick website and brand new campaign video.

Flanked by his Campaign Manager, Alexander Strenge, Mr. Halford has been visiting various locations in Los Santos. Including a rain soaked stop at Del Perro Pier.

gta-world-camera-2020-10-7-8-35-29.thumb.png.67483e57e5a83f0fa320cbf9e8d1ad04.png

Mr. Halford and Mr. Strenge take cover with voters

Last night, Republican Party Headquarters was opened for a Meet and Greet with voters, and for Mr. Halford to officially announce that he is running for Mayor of Los Santos.

"These past few weeks (of District elections) have been very eventful. We witnessed a heated campaign between personalities that couldn’t be more different. A groundbreaking, decisive election for the city council has been made – a split council which will form our local legislature."

Mr. Halford continued, "Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free men...For far too long the fortunes of our city have been directed exclusively by officials, that time should now be over. It is time for the people’s voices to be heard again."

"At my side, Thomas Barnes – our Vice Chairman – will run alongside myself for Deputy Mayor."

Mr. Barnes took up the microphone to add, "Together, we both rebuilt the Republican Party from the ground up; pooling together a group of candidates determined to represent the interests of their district and the qualities of good leaders. But now comes a new focus in our city's story. How do we answer months of inactive government? How do we fix the many problems our city has come to face?"

"With active staff and ingenuity. With detailed proposals and plans of action. With strong leaders and grounded people."

gta-world-camera-2020-10-8-9-17-25.thumb.png.5069fd46443ec125c7a2240a13e4547a.png

Mr. Halford and Mr. Barnes (second from the right of screen) deliver campaign speeches

After the speeches, the floor was opened to questions.

gta-world-camera-2020-10-8-9-38-43.thumb.png.2cf7507007fb7bc2d5a52cd930fc46c2.png

Riley King, Democratic Deputy Representative for the South District, asks a question

Some themes and responses are below.

Intended programs for veterans: "We have plans to implement affordable housing as well as job finding programs for those who served. We understand re-integration into society is a long-term issue, and we are dedicated to helping those who protected our freedoms."

Whether Mr. Halford intended to replace any current department head (e.g. the Director of Finance, Public Social Services, etc): "Not at the moment. We have no plans to replace any current department leaders, unless they are of course, under performing."

Plans regarding the state of housing in Sandy Shores: "We're interested in incentivizing the creation of affordable and quality housing. If one wishes to open a (trailer) park on their land, I see no reason why they shouldn't, as long as everything is above board and safe."

LSNN will continue to monitor and report on the Mayoral elections.

Y8l4IDT.png

2OyH6Zd.png

Y8l4IDT.png

VISIT OUR WEBSITE - CLICK HERE

Edited by Greyfeather
  • Upvote 2

Username: HalfordsNose

Comment: I love Halford. I pray to Halford every night. I have an Oswald Halford statue in my bedroom, and beside it is a book containing his teachings. I call it the Oswible. I have a picture of our dear leader Oswald Halford's nose above my bed, it looks at me every single day and I feel secure about it. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, DLimit said:

Username: Arrow
Comments: Hearing all this talk bout this nigga workin with Native council and all that, but his ass aint even talkin or showin it. Only proving my point, yo... niggas sell-out big time on all sides.

Username: JosephHoffmanOFFICIAL
Comments: Hello Arrow. You are currently misinformed. Chief Arthur Perez holds a seat as one of my staffers and will be working closely with me on addressing Native American concerns. City Council was only inaugurated this past Sunday and we're still in talks with the City Manager on establishing our budget. I can assure you that I am working as hard as I can to get our office running as soon as possible, I ask that you be patient. 

Thanks,

Joseph Hoffman

We invite you to like our page in order to keep up with the latest news. - https://face.gta.world/pages/BCDC

Edited by vrb
  • Upvote 4
10 hours ago, vrb said:

Username: JosephHoffmanOFFICIAL
Comments: Hello Arrow. You are currently misinformed. Chief Arthur Perez holds a seat as one of my staffers and will be working closely with me on addressing Native American concerns. City Council was only inaugurated this past Sunday and we're still in talks with the City Manager on establishing our budget. I can assure you that I am working as hard as I can to get our office running as soon as possible, I ask that you be patient. 

Thanks,

Joseph Hoffman

We invite you to like our page in order to keep up with the latest news. - https://face.gta.world/pages/BCDC

Username: CertifiedFreak69

Comment: What a surprise, this dummy's wrong again. I'm now starting to think Arrow's professionally stupid. 

Edited by LexiLing
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic