Characters that call 911 when suiciding

Zani

1 hour ago, bncal said:

The problem is when someone who is about to kill himself calls the 911. Is not realistic 

Why not?

People have different ways of doing it. Some people just jump under a train and that's that. Some people call whoever, whatever, so someone can find the body.

Believe me, I've dealt with a massive amount of awful and stupid calls. When I was in FD in a different community back in 2017, I had the displeasure of dealing with a person who would namechange every day and make suicide calls for months.

Yes, this lasted for months. Actual, out of character months. The best thing you can do is to ignore it.

Nobody's forcing you to go there.

Nobody should force you to go there.

Humans are very strange, complex creatures. Sometimes, they do things that are extremely stupid and nonsensical.

1 minute ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

The problem is them seeing it without consent, your own point contradicts what you're trying to say. 

That's not what a contradiction is. Also the other examples you can see publicly, if you don't wanna see someone do "/me jumps off the roof." Go elsewhere and don't interact with them.

3 minutes ago, Benny Black said:

That's not what a contradiction is. Also the other examples you can see publicly, if you don't wanna see someone do "/me jumps off the roof." Go elsewhere and don't interact with them.

Complaining about them complaining about what they're forced to see by using an example of something you're not seeing in the first place is contradicting what you're trying to prove.

And like my above reply, I don't agree with their point, I just don't really agree with yours either.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
Digidy Double Post

It's not offensive roleplay. Stop. Quick thought, if you think that you might see something you don't like when the cops and medics are lined up around a scene, don't go over there.

Now, to the suiciders. If you have full intention of killing your character and there is nothing that can be done to change that, spare the 911 call. Because the only thing that you actually do is waste 10-30 people's time who think they might actually be able to help your character. Because the majority of them feel like excuses to name change. And I'm at the point where I don't want to waste my time with what you think is probably a good ending to your character. It's not, it's a waste of time.

Edited by SaintBatemanofWallStreet
8 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Now, to the suiciders. If you have full intention of killing your character and there is nothing that can be done to change that, spare the 911 call. Because the only thing that you actually do is waste 10-30 people's time who think they might actually be able to help your character. Because the majority of them feel like excuses to name change. And I'm at the point where I don't want to waste my time with what you think is probably a good ending to your character. It's not, it's a waste of time.

Clarification for people outside of first responder RP, how many suicidal turned suicide 911 phone calls come in for say a week?

If you are genuinely emotionally damaged due to a roleplay suicide ingame, and think it's offensive. you shouldn't be roleplaying on a server which aims to portray a realistic urban city based in Southern California. You don't get to pick and choose the parts you don't like. I understand the ERP rules in place, but when you start asking for the offensive RP rule to cover things such as suicides, is this server really even roleplay anymore? 

Now, I absolutely agree that some people portray suicides poorly and can often be both a boring and unrealistic experience for all parties involved, but putting a rule which stops suicides isn't the way to do it.

• Upvote 1