TO IFM - What Is It You Want?

Kuma

Recently the faction a few others and I were planning on starting was told by FM that it doesn't fit "the continuity". I would just like to know and discuss "server continuity". Why is it that it's okay to have numerous amounts of the same type of faction (not anybody directly.) that shut down after a month or so just for the sake of continuity vs allowing something unique, or fresh? For instance say, a Yakuza, North Siders (Only been the one recently I've seen, could be wrong.). 

To add an edit:

If this is the way it's going to be done, then we need a full list of what's allowed and what's not allowed. That way people who RP and do their research before being told no, don't have to waste their time which is another issue.

Edited by Kuma
Just cause.
  • Upvote 6

There was an idea a while ago, prior to the whole political systems and elections, for a Black Bloc-based faction which never took off.

It was going to be a politically-oriented faction, which was going to be something that was actually never done before. Unfortunately, it didn't fit in with what was envisioned for the server.

As such, no politically-oriented faction exists, but as you said: Multiple of one and the same (or very similar) exist.

• Upvote 1

Having two or more LCN-oriented factions, about tons of rancho/strawberry/davis gangs who fight on their turf, then hispanic, then alot of MCs, then chinese/korean factions. (K-Town ran up, It was unique but now too overly surrounded - Everyone is a Korean nowadays - Nothing wrong with that but highly overpopulated).

The unique ideas? Well, a typical type of Russian mob alliance. (Aliyev Mob and then Serbian Mafia > East Operation).

Why are other ideas being rejected? My faction was denied on the basis that "Arabic TCO's operate but cannot be a part of the server cause well, no?" - The other reason was my recent ban which has passed a long-time (1 day ban, 7 day break for punishment). 

This is wrong. MC's are approved continuously. Italian Mobs but not special ideas? Even not Yakuza? like come on. This is too much. Having the same type of shit handled all day and everyday. Rather make something unique? Or atleast not accept 10 factions of the same /type/?

- The idea is bullshitted, the higher or more developed factions are a bit favored (no this isn't against any IFM member but (yes "IN MY OPINION"), continuously bullying from higher factions to lower factions, giving no space for development. Overly developed factions living for years without no prior development.

I've seen some inactive factions too but the IFM are continuously removing them which is a good sign, hopefully, this matter is looked upon. If not-. well, then. DOOM.

Edited by Wolfgang
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

There is a general trend on this server of staff teams (IFM, LFM, PM) being too pessimistic and restrictive with players being creative. Lots of railroading, lots of "no you cannot do this," lots of "no that's not realistic" based purely on unfounded opinion. Some of this behavior would make more sense if this server was consistent across the board with a unified vision about the exact realism level we're portraying, however it's been all over the place. Sometimes you'll see rulings which suggest that this should be a 100% lifelike fully realistic gritty word with absolutely no positivity and everything is as bleakly realistic and depressing as possible, other rulings which suggest that this is actually kind of a semi-realistic setting where it's not supposed to be 100% true to life because it's a video game. Some staff members rule much more heavily in the "more-realistic-than-realistic" camp, some rule in the "let's have fun, roleplay, and tell some awesome stories" camp.

It seems to me that this server is really due for a community-wide discussion about the realism standard. People who want to bring vibrant new ideas to criminal roleplay are being shut down before they can even start for arbitrary reasons. Legal roleplayers are held to an actually unrealistically high standard of realism. I also feel like there's a prevailing notion that characters should be 2-dimensional archetypes which never develop or change.

This is a really big server, and I understand that there needs to be quality control, and that for us to have a heavy RP environment some ideas do need to be denied so they can be reformed better to fit the setting and standard. But there's definitely an over-abundance of naysaying, restriction, and gatekeeping by some staff members which is serving only to kill creativity at the moment. I believe these staff members are trying to do something good with this, but that the server has grown a lot, and changed a lot over the last year or so, and that there hasn't really been a big unification of vision.

• Upvote 8
  • Thanks 2

This is very worthy of being discussed. I believe people should settle where they belong based on the IC events, influence, and circumstances and this whole filter should not be put based on the concept of the faction, but on the roleplay quality provided and how it develops. You don't have to like an idea, for it to be a good idea. It really is that simple, even more so when these faction concepts, ideas, and everything with it is a subjective taste, why would a group of friends be depending on the view that a bunch of people have on a specific faction idea? It's a joke if you ask me, forcing people to be within boundries.

EDIT: I have not been part of any factions since 2018, let that be clear. I have seen however that a lot of friends and good players have been denied because of what some people think is "okay" and "not okay" to be roleplayed.

Edited by Daquan Kingston
25 minutes ago, Ink said:

This is a really big server, and I understand that there needs to be quality control, and that for us to have a heavy RP environment some ideas do need to be denied so they can be reformed better to fit the setting and standard. But there's definitely an over-abundance of naysaying, restriction, and gatekeeping by some staff members which is serving only to kill creativity at the moment. I believe these staff members are trying to do something good with this, but that the server has grown a lot, and changed a lot over the last year or so, and that there hasn't really been a big unification of vision.

Agreed, I understand the need to restrict certain ideas, or certain types but within reason. I feel its just a blanket term they throw onto any idea they dislike OOC'ly, or even something as simple as they don't like the person. There are some threads I've seen where I feel there was little to no effort put into it, and somehow it makes it into the official tier? I agree whole heartedly there needs to be a discussion, and a somewhat guideline into the direction this server/we all need to be going in. Its confusing asf on what's ok, and what's not, and it really only comes down to the admin. Granted that's not this topic. 

Edited by Kuma
1 hour ago, Wirbelwind said:

There was an idea a while ago, prior to the whole political systems and elections, for a Black Bloc-based faction which never took off.

It was going to be a politically-oriented faction, which was going to be something that was actually never done before. Unfortunately, it didn't fit in with what was envisioned for the server.

As such, no politically-oriented faction exists, but as you said: Multiple of one and the same (or very similar) exist.

Karl Brandt A.K.A. "Chaos" died for your sins.

Edited by DLimit
  • Bospy locked this topic