The problem with gang roleplayers in rich areas

VikoMKD

1 hour ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

What you meant was:

That's how it is in real life. Infested with gang bangers and violent people who rob you, and haven't killed anyone in a year.

Fixed.

Thats because most people in that area who get approached by gang members know very well to just hand their shit over if they don't want problems.

players ingame lack fear when dealing with gang members.

28 minutes ago, Captain said:

The amount of times I've ambushed someone and they're like /me smirks. & then tries to gun me down with their PF gun is unbelievable, lol.

Just curious, did you report them? I feel like these are the people that need to be reported more for role play quality or non-fear and let them explain themselves to an admin lol. I know it seems trivial to a lot of people, but if enough of it gets reported to IFM, FM, Admins, etc. maybe they can act with something more widespread.

Edited by Cellestine
36 minutes ago, Captain said:

The amount of times I've ambushed someone and they're like /me smirks. & then tries to gun me down with their PF gun is unbelievable, lol.

Here's some cool flicks of people not roleplaying gun fear.

https://streamable.com/nct2bb

https://streamable.com/avys3o

I honestly don't care about reporting them cause I know soon enough they'll get caught for it.

Edited by MCB666
58 minutes ago, MCB666 said:

Here's some cool flicks of people not roleplaying gun fear.

https://streamable.com/nct2bb

Don't agree with the 2nd too much but this one seems pretty fine? 

Fight or flight, unfortunately pistols aren't IRL freezing rays and I know for a fact if someone hopped out of a car and aimed a gun at me like in your video I'd fucking book it IRL too, even if it'd probably end in me dead. 

Hell, there's a million examples on the internet of people attempting to run off when a car of shady people pull up ( end up getting killed for it) but I'm more curious why you're attempting to rob people at an IC hotspot with a parking lot filled with cars behind you, traffic further down the road and a member of FD (?) just around the corner who 100% coined in on the fact you just murdered someone?

Excluding the shitshow that is this thread, I think stuff like THIS is what people aren't happy about, not gangs in Vespucci overall but how you'll act sloppy like this in public and act like you're somehow in the right? Both parties in that clip were pretty stupid. 

Edit: After watching the second clip a few more times I think that one's just as bad? If you're gonna use OOC references to show gang locations and their numbers, remember the Santa Monica Pier would look like this at the time of your robbery. 

Spoiler

beach-sea-people-vacation-amusement-park

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Applaud 1
15 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Don't agree with the 2nd too much but this one seems pretty fine? 

Fight or flight, unfortunately pistols aren't IRL freezing rays and I know for a fact if someone hopped out of a car and aimed a gun at me like in your video I'd fucking book it IRL too, even if it'd probably end in me dead. 

Hell, there's a million examples on the internet of people attempting to run off when a car of shady people pull up ( end up getting killed for it) but I'm more curious why you're attempting to rob people at an IC hotspot with a parking lot filled with cars behind you, traffic further down the road and a member of FD (?) just around the corner who 100% coined in on the fact you just murdered someone?

Excluding the shitshow that is this thread, I think stuff like THIS is what people aren't happy about, not gangs in Vespucci overall but how you'll act sloppy like this in public and act like you're somehow in the right? Both parties in that clip were pretty stupid. 

Edit: After watching the second clip a few more times I think that one's just as bad? If you're gonna use OOC references to show gang locations and their numbers, remember the Santa Monica Pier would look like this at the time of your robbery. 

Reveal hidden contents

beach-sea-people-vacation-amusement-park

https://streamable.com/nct2b > Didn't know there was FD right around the corner + it's night time, we've been stalking the female for hours on end and my fellow associate actually roleplayed trying to grab the female and pull her into the vehicle with one hand and his firearm in the other but she chose to just ignore the /me and run off, nonetheless she got shot for it.

The other video is like 4 months old and isn't even mines but it just shows the dude biking off like it isn't shit lmfao.

Edited by MCB666

As someone who roleplays in Vespucci, it’s very rare I find myself being harassed by the locals. It’s much more often you find south side strays come down to the boardwalk and rob people for whatever their motive may have.

The only thing I would say to new gangs springing up in areas such as Vespucci, be mindful of characters who’ve consistently roleplayed in the area for a year or two, last thing they want to hear is “Are you new around here?”. It’s discouraging to interact with people who refuse to explore their own surroundings yet claim to be born/raised there.

Personally I think having equal gang presence on the map balances things out, but I feel like areas will soon be over saturated with the amount of new factions being accepted even though it was encouraged to join one than start one.

Just my feedback, sorry if it’s already been brought up.

1 hour ago, MCB666 said:

The other video is like 4 months old and isn't even mines but it just shows the dude biking off like it isn't shit lmfao.

At the same time though, the guy pulled and shot a gun in a very public place at someone who simply ignored him. He didn't insult the guy or escalate the situation. He just dipped. I'd argue that the escalation was highly unnecessary and poor portrayal at the very least. I'd say both sides have an issue there.

EDIT: Unless it was a planned hit or something, but still ---- in such a public place? I'd say that's still a poor portrayal issue.

Edited by Cellestine