The problem with gang roleplayers in rich areas

VikoMKD

16 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Then talk to the gang leaders! They have a vested interest in keeping their area "clean" in terms of roleplay. If there really are bad people burning their name they'd want to know, even if they're not affiliated. I see this in other hoods too, you get really dumb and troll characters about but people just work together to do their best to push them out and get them dealt with. That's literally a community working together to preserve something. Just because someone falls outside of your contact circle IC and OOC doesn't mean they're against you, or that you have to be against them. We're all players here, all trying to play this game and have fun. And if a gang leader tells you to go fuck yourself, then you know enough and you honestly should report that. It's literally common courtesy to help each other, not just jump straight to reports either. And if reporting isn't your thing, that's fine! But then don't come out and complain expecting results when you're coming out of nowhere. People may not have seen what you have seen, and people can't do jack shit about stuff they don't know about. And keep IC and OOC stuff separated, and clean your own house before you start worrying about other people's houses.  

Exactly! Most gang leaders not only in Vespucci based factions, but in general want the community to be comfortable with the quality of their members' roleplay and are usually really cool and easy to talk to people! I guarantee you, if you PM a gang leader voicing your concern about a certain member in their faction, they will take action.

Just now, xdthe said:

I guarantee you, if you PM a gang leader voicing your concern about a certain member in their faction, they will take action.

Often much better action than an administrator could, considering administrators are limited to just incidental enforcement and gang leaders are able to enforce fundamental things.

Los Angeles is infested with gangs in 2020 why are ya’ll complaining... This is to the people complaining about the gang activity in Vespucci. Outsider’s aren’t welcome in Vespucci or really an area in real life where gangs are prominent this topic is pointless, it’s clear that mallrats are tired of the gang activity but it’s realistic if you have a problem with roleplay you can easily just make a report not that hard or just move out of Vespucci Beach in-character and go to Vinewood or somewhere with less gang activity.

8 hours ago, Jedai said:

In the same breath, if you're a local, act like it and if you're a gang member, respect people roleplaying as locals and trying to give the area you're in life outside of your faction.

This is the simple solution. It's common sense really. If you're a local (not a gang member), you should have a general understanding of where and where not to go in Vespucci. Also, don't treat everyone like they are going to shoot you on site. A lot of these people will actually role play with you given the chance. Gang members are people too. Sure, you have to exercise caution and not act like billy bad-ass around the wrong people, but they aren't all like that. If you go running your mouth to the wrong people, you deserve to get your ass shot. It's a two way street for this to work. If people are portraying their characters in a poor way, report them or as other people said, reach out to faction leaders in the area. I'm sure faction leaders don't want piss poor RP underneath their noses if they can help it. That's the ticket to getting a faction shut down. They will fix it, I'm sure.

What I've learned? Play submissive and apologize to the gang member during any confrontation, like a real civilian would.

"My bad, man... sorry 'bout that. We cool?" etc...

Act like a civilian, and maybe they'll spare your life with a warning. Maybe, you'll learn from that warning. Otherwise, you're going Rambo against a whole set and their allies. It'd be meaningless to piss off an entire gang that lives in your area or close to your area, as your face will be remembered... as a target. They're the insecure narcotic-induced teens attempting to fit in to a criminal organization, not you. Act legal and act like a civilian would in these areas. Your P.F. license won't protect you when the whole gang decides to retaliate because you had a smart mouth inside a local business. Very rarely have I ever witnessed any civilians actually talk back to a gang-banger, in real life, and get away with it. Usually, they act submissive, as they live there and desire to not be targeted by the local gangs. If that doesn't work? Become a proactive informant to increase the quality of life in the area... gangs won't ACTIVELY last long once an injunction is filed against them. In reality, they'll be more subtle with their operations at the injunction phase.

P.S. Tourist regions are often targeted, MUCH, for scams, thefts, and robberies. 

Edited by DLimit
3 minutes ago, DLimit said:

What I've learned? Play submissive and apologize to the gang member during any confrontation, like a real civilian would.

"My bad, man... sorry 'bout that. We cool?" etc...

Act like a civilian, and maybe they'll spare your life with a warning. Maybe, you'll learn from that warning. Otherwise, you're going Rambo against a whole set and their allies. It'd be meaningless to piss off an entire gang that lives in your area or close to your area, as your face will be remembered... as a target. They're the insecure narcotic-induced teens attempting to fit in to a criminal organization, not you. Act legal and act like a civilian would in these areas.

P.S. Tourist regions are often targeted, MUCH, for scams, thefts, and robberies. 

That applies everywhere when it comes to illegal role players vs legal role players. Hey, I'm just a civilian, leave me alone. Also, fuck you leave me alone.

It's tough when 90% of the legal role players are CCW holders and have a pistol on them. They don't have to show fear to a criminal when they have a gun on them. It's sickening, you get clowned as a hardened criminal because civilians show no fear to you.

And when you DO something about it ICly, they will /report you!

3 minutes ago, Sixth said:

That applies everywhere when it comes to illegal role players vs legal role players. Hey, I'm just a civilian, leave me alone. Also, fuck you leave me alone.

It's tough when 90% of the legal role players are CCW holders and have a pistol on them. They don't have to show fear to a criminal when they have a gun on them. It's sickening, you get clowned as a hardened criminal because civilians show no fear to you.

And when you DO something about it ICly, they will /report you!

C.C.W. licenses should always be a last resort. Civilians shouldn't think "Don't worry, I can use this gun to protect my self after talking shit". Instead, they should think "Damn, I gotta de-escalate this. I don't want to have to use this gun".  Civilians shouldn't justify having a gun to be intimidating or egotistical in front of a gang banger, as the Law instructs them to use it as a last resort against extremely hostile or lethal situations. Before using the firearm? De-escalate the incident... attempt to evade it, through any means.