The problem with gang roleplayers in rich areas

VikoMKD

9 minutes ago, Ears Up said:

Tell me how gangbangers still live in Venice and Koreatown irl then & manage to maintain their lifestyles.

Making ends meet, hence the "willingly" part of what I said. It's a struggle everyday and people have to depend on different criminal schemes just to live there, but we both know the in-game economy and the way its oversimplified won't give people any room to RP financial struggle when you have a mallrat with a 500K electric car and a 900K Vespucci home living two houses down from a gang member with a 50k car and a property they RP as 'rented'.

And about K-Town? I have no idea. All I know is that beachfront property is mad expensive, regardless of which state it's located in, so I'm just gonna talk about Vespucci/Venice.

Edited by Gryphboi

Honestly I don't mind that gang RP exists in Vespucci because as someone else has said, that's how our version of Los Santos has progressed. I prefer to keep that progression in-character. The issue comes into play when the RP coming out of those gangs is complete dog shit. Honestly, the only thing that should be done is report these people to role play quality and/or faction management and let them deal with it. It does no good to talk about it and then not report them. These people will continue with their shit RP and go unnoticed until they get reported.

Edited by Cellestine
17 minutes ago, Gryphboi said:

Making ends meet, hence the "willingly" part of what I said. It's a struggle everyday and people have to depend on different criminal schemes just to live there, but we both know the in-game economy and the way its oversimplified won't give people any room to RP financial struggle when you have a mallrat with a 500K electric car and a 900K Vespucci home living two houses down from a gang member with a 50k car and a property they RP as 'rented'.

I mean i understand what ur tryna say bruv, but if I'm being real with you. I've been roleplaying a westside ls gang member for close to a year (well, i WAS, that char's gone now) and most of the bad roleplay I've come across has been from mallrats. They rarely rp fear of gangs, they provoke and act stupid IC and OOC cause they don't like the fact that there's a gang in that area / dont see it as realistic, when in reality it IS realistic. That could be a driving factor in why 'mallrats' and 'regular civilians' are always targeted by the gangs.

Perhaps said mallrat with the 500k car and 900k home should have looked into the area he/she was moving into, before moving onto a gang controlled block. Vespucci (especially the part of Vespucci that CCB13 is at) has been rped as a run-down part of the neighborhood for a long time.

I know for sure if I owned a 500k car, I wouldn't be trying to spend 900k on a house in an area where there's always been gang presence. 

Do I agree with the fact that gangs are targeting regular people? No. Typically gangs leave people who don't gangbang out of it, Do I think it's an IC issue, though? Also yes.

I highly suggest people start approaching FM with solid evidence instead of making these threads. Regardless of what you guys think, as somebody who's led more than 2 factions on this server. FM approaches its factions when they're reported and even if you don't see it, they get spoken to. 100%.

• Upvote 4

It never is an IC issue if people are just bored and come up with whatever reasons they may, to harrass people on the beach or on the street and yes these decisions are done OOCly cause people are just bored and maybe want rp, any rp and the best rp for them is if they can feel good about it. Which is what drives majority of gang roleplayers. Not everyone, but majority so it's not entirely IC issue.

3 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

It never is an IC issue if people are just bored and come up with whatever reasons they may, to harrass people on the beach or on the street and yes these decisions are done OOCly cause people are just bored and maybe want rp, any rp and the best rp for them is if they can feel good about it. Which is what drives majority of gang roleplayers. Not everyone, but majority so it's not entirely IC issue.

Its always an Ic issue until the admins say so. You should report people portraying characters badly, don't make threads about it.

Not only that, but I highly doubt people are OOCly driven to harass people's chars lol, it's ic bro.

Edited by Ears Up
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Ears Up said:

I mean i understand what ur tryna say bruv, but if I'm being real with you. I've been roleplaying a westside ls gang member for close to a year (well, i WAS, that char's gone now) and most of the bad roleplay I've come across has been from mallrats. They rarely rp fear of gangs, they provoke and act stupid IC and OOC cause they don't like the fact that there's a gang in that area / dont see it as realistic, when in reality it IS realistic. That could be a driving factor in why 'mallrats' and 'regular civilians' are always targeted by the gangs.

Perhaps said mallrat with the 500k car and 900k home should have looked into the area he/she was moving into, before moving onto a gang controlled block. Vespucci (especially the part of Vespucci that CCB13 is at) has been rped as a run-down part of the neighborhood for a long time.

I know for sure if I owned a 500k car, I wouldn't be trying to spend 900k on a house in an area where there's always been gang presence. 

Do I agree with the fact that gangs are targeting regular people? No. Typically gangs leave people who don't gangbang out of it, Do I think it's an IC issue, though? Also yes.

I highly suggest people start approaching FM with solid evidence instead of making these threads. Regardless of what you guys think, as somebody who's led more than 2 factions on this server. FM approaches its factions when they're reported and even if you don't see it, they get spoken to. 100%.

That's also true. People do little to no research before they move somewhere, it's why we had people with sports cars living in Grove Street in-game just because "hahaha it's a funny meme". People often don't consider the repercussions of bumping into a gang member and act up, because everybody's got something to prove. Bad portrayal's, more often than not, found on the civilian side of things and that's a huuuge OOC issue imo.

51 minutes ago, Ears Up said:

Vespucci isn't a rich area, it's not an ooc problem, it's an IC problem. Stop acting like Vespucci Beach is Beverly Hills, please. It's  a westside los santos neighborhood that much like parts of South Central, has various gangs within it. The same goes for Little Seoul, which also isn'tbeverly hills.

Sounds like you're part of the problem bro. Venice is a large area IRL, so we gotta compress that down. Doesn't matter if there are fifteen or twenty blocks of gangs or whatever IRL, bangers in the area don't get to act like the whole geographic area is their playground. Matter of a fact, that gangs of LA link you posted? It doesn't show a single gang right on the beachfront. The closest gang, Venice Shoreline is 3-5 blocks away, depending on the specific area. And then there's the rest of Venice they're nowhere near. All of the canals, the harbour. Up north, the pier, then you have Santa Monica 13. They're still 5-10 blocks out. No, all of Vespucci isn't million dollar beach houses, but that doesn't mean all of Vespucci is your playground. Condense your activities to the area you belong to, don't stray from it like you would stray into enemy territory on the east.

57 minutes ago, khaled said:

theres tons of gangs in venice. youre obviously not going to find them hassling u on  the promenade of venice beach, but it's not unusual to find them in rough parts of the city. just like any other city in los angeles, wealthy or not, theres rough parts of each city (with some exceptions) that are usually stricken with crime and poverty and etc

can you please shut up just because you live in socal doesnt mean you know everything lol! get outta hea' fool!

45 minutes ago, Tree said:

I know plenty of people who just simply completely moved out of Vespucci and basically stopped RPing there because of how much crime is being committed there.

that’s actually fire to hear, a living breathing ic history of an area, Keep it up gangs of Vespucci

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Sounds like you're part of the problem bro. Venice is a large area IRL, so we gotta compress that down. Doesn't matter if there are fifteen or twenty blocks of gangs or whatever IRL, bangers in the area don't get to act like the whole geographic area is their playground. Matter of a fact, that gangs of LA link you posted? It doesn't show a single gang right on the beachfront. The closest gang, Venice Shoreline is 3-5 blocks away, depending on the specific area. And then there's the rest of Venice they're nowhere near. All of the canals, the harbour. Up north, the pier, then you have Santa Monica 13. They're still 5-10 blocks out. No, all of Vespucci isn't million dollar beach houses, but that doesn't mean all of Vespucci is your playground. Condense your activities to the area you belong to, don't stray from it like you would stray into enemy territory on the east.

???? I'm not even gonna reply to this comment, holy fuck. you have no clue what you're talking about brother, I'm sorry but you don't.

Edited by Ears Up