Prison (Deputies not required to be at prison to do the visitation roleplay)

Zayyy

1 minute ago, Jonesy said:

I've been thinking about ways to do this for months, I do agree that it needs to be done. Visitations suck as it does entail the deputy staring at a wall for a half hour and getting angry /me's when they try to interact with them. At the end of the day nobody wants to do it. 

Unfortunately with the rampant issue of rulebreaking in the jail and the intense amount of bored trolls, it's honestly hard to enforce any sort of honor system. In almost any case we've tried the honor system it's been wildly unsuccessful (people passing items through walls in private, etc). Speaking as the Sheriff's faction leader, we're working to get a phone system implemented but considering major changes that affect the wider community it's unfortunately been placed on the development backburner.

I'd like to hear more ideas on this one. We want to fix this system because it sucks for us as much as it sucks for the rest of the community and we'd love to hear some ideas.

Expanding from this, we've also been discussing using this kind of mapping layout instead, lessens the amount of supervision required.

how-to-contact-prisoners-prison-visits.j

KingstonPenVisiting.JPG

4 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

I've been thinking about ways to do this for months, I do agree that it needs to be done. Visitations suck as it does entail the deputy staring at a wall for a half hour and getting angry /me's when they try to interact with them. At the end of the day nobody wants to do it. 

Unfortunately with the rampant issue of rulebreaking in the jail and the intense amount of bored trolls, it's honestly hard to enforce any sort of honor system. In almost any case we've tried the honor system it's been wildly unsuccessful (people passing items through walls in private, etc). Speaking as the Sheriff's faction leader, we're working to get a phone system implemented but considering major changes that affect the wider community it's unfortunately been placed on the development backburner.

I'd like to hear more ideas on this one. We want to fix this system because it sucks for us as much as it sucks for the rest of the community and we'd love to hear some ideas.

What about doing it how JSA handles witness thingies and do the same but w/ visitations? Thaaaat way, you get the interaction but it is sadly not ingame  Just an idea, the ticket system.

54 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

What about doing it how JSA handles witness thingies and do the same but w/ visitations? Thaaaat way, you get the interaction but it is sadly not ingame  Just an idea, the ticket system.

Not the way to follow, as a JSA member I am I know what you mean, and it's not the way you want to do it to provide RP. 

The only reason why we do it that way is cause it's REALLY hard to make all the people involved be online at the same time.

On 9/27/2020 at 4:59 AM, MartosG said:

I believe fixing the payphones to work would be a huge step towards helping with this until a reasonable solution is found for the visitations.

100% agree with this. #1 complaint ive gotten when on jail duty is that phones dont work, so theres no way to call anyone without doing visitation.

• Jonesy locked this topic