Prison (Deputies not required to be at prison to do the visitation roleplay)

Zayyy

So, right now? The prison is very dead. Even if someone is interested to provide roleplay? It's a very rare chance to get lucky and actually have some guard/deputy there to help you with it. 
I have been personally trying to do a visitation at the prison for the last 3 days. (Peak hours / dead hours / most of the stuff was tested) still no luck with the visitation. So, with this rule suggestion? I think we as the players should be able to perform 'NORMAL' visitation there without needing any deputy to be online and be there to watch. (No smuggling items in, just for a talk, CASUAL ONE. As everything is monitored there) This would really help the players who are interested to meet their friends in prison.
I'm sure some people might think and say "No, this is wrong, it's going to be abused."
For that.. This rule only applies to the people who are just interested to do 'normal' visitation at the prison to see their loved ones. For smuggling items and all other 'messy' talk, you'll need a player online there (Deputy/Guard) to do that roleplay. The NPC's deputy/guards is only for the people who are interested to do normal visitation. 

• Upvote 4

This isn't a bad suggestion. To be devil's advocate, monitored visitations basically involve the Deputy staring at the wall for thirty minutes while two people have a conversation that doesn't concern them. Neither individual is there to see the employees, so visitations end up becoming more a chore than any engaging form of roleplay.

Opening up an automated, but limited, process could be a potential happy medium. I'm definitely on board to discuss this. 

I've been thinking about ways to do this for months, I do agree that it needs to be done. Visitations suck as it does entail the deputy staring at a wall for a half hour and getting angry /me's when they try to interact with them. At the end of the day nobody wants to do it. 

Unfortunately with the rampant issue of rulebreaking in the jail and the intense amount of bored trolls, it's honestly hard to enforce any sort of honor system. In almost any case we've tried the honor system it's been wildly unsuccessful (people passing items through walls in private, etc). Speaking as the Sheriff's faction leader, we're working to get a phone system implemented but considering major changes that affect the wider community it's unfortunately been placed on the development backburner.

I'd like to hear more ideas on this one. We want to fix this system because it sucks for us as much as it sucks for the rest of the community and we'd love to hear some ideas.

Edited by Jonesy
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • Jonesy locked this topic