Call of Duty or GTA?

Engelbert

Now I know  I am mostly using the forums to rant, but where else should I possibly say it if not here?

I seen countless of videos of this and I imagine it is possible, but is it really realistic, when gangster treats pistol like a a sniper rifle?

Or better yet, I know animations are like that and not the other way around and it is quite easy to learn to shoot properly today, but

do you think it is good to have every gangster acting like trained SWAT officer? Cause that's what I see when someone discharges a gun in the game.

You know we all can kill a man from a roof or from any other point as long as we only see the silhouette with just a pistol. Yeah but that is not realistic right?

Yes, it's poor portrayal. However, what should we do? Force people to purposely miss? No. It's not something I would report people over or use an argument as in a report. Forcing people to purposely miss their shots because of "portrayal" is not viable. Something like the shooting stat needs to affect it scriptwise.

Edited by Sacred
35 minutes ago, Sacred said:

Yes, it's poor portrayal. However, what should we do? Force people to purposely miss? No. It's not something I would report people over or use an argument as in a report. Forcing people to purposely miss their shots because of "portrayal" is not viable. Something like the shooting stat needs to affect it scriptwise.

I agree, plus you cannot really report people for it. It's how the game behaves technically. You can just use hipfire though, if you want to.

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Sacred said:

Already in place for 1.1

• Upvote 1

I honestly feel like you're referring to a very specific situation that happened last night. I actually did find it a bit alarming that a basic sidearm was used so far away that it would've required some person with real good precision shooting skills, which... doesn't really align with the whole gangster theme to me either.

I'm not an expert on firearms, but it doesn't take one to understand that regular sidearms come pretty limited in range, so "sniping" someone from a rooftop several blocks away with a pistol doesn't seem too plausible to me either.

There's a different side to that coin, that roleplayers are often too consumed by their pursuit of "realistic portrayal" that they make their character the most generic person possible, skill-wise. And they demand the same from others.

That's not exactly how it works either. Your character can be good at something. But it certainly wouldn't paint you a good roleplayer in my books if they were good at shooting, driving and spitting at cops.

Ultimately, it's always been up to the person to create the strong and weak sides of their character. But as much as one needs to pay attention to the weak ones, they also have to remember that it's not wrong to make their character actually good at something. And as much as it may seem cliche, a person roleplaying a gangster can roleplay that their character is actually quite a gun lover, even without their, "occupation".

And then there's the point that gangs would probably have people like Wee-Bey from the Wire whose sole occupation in a criminal organization is well, to be muscle (or well, think Chris/Snoop for that matter). Sure, they're not SWAT sharpshooters, but they know the tools of their trade.

If by any chance you are referring to the scene last night, I think it could be a small lesson for everyone, if acknowledged by the other party.

• 2 months later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic