GPU usage and FPS randomly drops

arandomgamer

On 9/22/2020 at 2:14 AM, Jennie said:

Gpu? Resolution?

Davis is one of those places where you lose fps because of yes, even in Singleplayer 

1080p, RTX 2070 Super

I shouldn't lose FPS if the GPU isn't at 99% though. This means the game can't use all of the GPU's power. There must be an issue of optimisation.

Edited by arandomgamer

Try reinstalling as @Charlesvito

Or if you have GeForce Experience, go there and navigate to the HOME tab and then click on GTA:V's details > press on the right side in the middle (a tool icon and near it would be optimize) - go there and set everything according to your liking. Easier, faster and efficient. I do it when my game lags out or it can be an issue with your GPU's memory.

EDIT: The culprit can also be Windows 10, try switching XBOX GAME BAR off or any other FPS consuming softwares. Try updating your windows to the latest of version.

- Try downgrading your Nvidia driver to 441.1 if the issue cotinues. It's said to be one of the best drivers to date with no issues to be present within. Do it with Nvidia Inspector, change any setting you like before the install. Just helps you organize and optimize. The recent drivers of Nvidia which include all over RTX 30 series features can also be a culprit, try flicking some on and off.

- Try changing from Fullscreen to Windowed Borderless or if you're Windowed Borderless, try re-doing it to Fullscreen.

Edited by Wolfgang
  • Upvote 1
On 9/26/2020 at 11:49 AM, Wolfgang said:

The recent drivers of Nvidia which include all over RTX 30 series features can also be a culprit, try flicking some on and off.

This has been an issue for a long time, I've had GTA 5 for 2 years. It can't be a driver issue because I updated every month and the issue persisted. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 6:29 AM, Jaxium said:

Are you sure there's nothing wrong with your CPU? Good way to know this is to check CPU usage when the GPU usage is at 99% and when it's stuck below that. It might be getting bottlenecked in your case at times due to CPU errors.

My CPU should be fine.

Edited by arandomgamer
  • Kaz locked this topic