My Character is Hideous and I Need Help (Will buy you world points if that's allowed!)

CakeFriend

I have tried and tried and tried to make a presentable looking character but the parent thing is absurd and there are like 500 different possible combinations. I already know what I want her to look like (I have pictures) but was unable to get anything close. My character looks awful to the point I don't want to play anymore.

So I'm looking for one of you super talented people to help (do it for me) make a character based on photos and make her reasonably close to that look.

If you're interested please show me some of your characters and message me for the photos if you would like to give it a try.

I'm most certainly not an expert when it comes to editing characters' faces, however here's a few tips that I can think of, other than well, someone else who's actually really good at it doing it for you. 

- Exit out of the UI and use the /surgery command at the plastic surgeon place to bring the old style menu so you don't have to bother with sliders. 

- Judging from the original post, it's a female character - see what you can do with makeup, blush, eyes and so on. 

- Not entirely related but if other people are complaining how your character looks off to them, faces are not 100% synced. To fix that, avoid setting any slider to 100, 0 or - 100, use 99, 1/-1 or - 99 instead, if you have to. Also to re-sync your character's face, do /hat on (assuming that your outfit doesn't have an actual hat) whenever you approach someone new or someone new enters the interior you're in (or you enter the interior). 

- Also if it's a female character, you can pick both parents to be female to get a more 'feminine' look. 

Edited by Brian
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Brian said:

I'm most certainly not an expert when it comes to editing characters' faces, however here's a few tips that I can think of, other than well, someone else who's actually really good at it doing it for you. 

- Exit out of the UI and use the /surgery command at the plastic surgeon place to bring the old style menu so you don't have to bother with sliders. 

- Judging from the original post, it's a female character - see what you can do with makeup, blush, eyes and so on. 

- Not entirely related but if other people are complaining how your character looks off to them, faces are not 100% synced. To fix that, avoid setting any slider to 100, 0 or - 100, use 99, 1/-1 or - 99 instead, if you have to. Also to re-sync your character's face, do /hat on (assuming that your outfit doesn't have an actual hat) whenever you approach someone new or someone new enters the interior you're in (or you enter the interior). 

- Also if it's a female character, you can pick both parents to be female to get a more 'feminine' look. 

Thank you! Those are some super good tips. I'm honestly over trying, but I didn't know about the sync thing either so I will keep that in mind.

The tips listed above are grand on it's own.

For a more visual feat, I suggest you maybe look up GTA:O char creation vids, and go off from there. They usually start chars from the ground up, and can give you plenty of inspiration and things to play with whilst deciding what to do when making a fem char.

Example, just use Google for "GTA:O female char presets", or "How to"'s.

1 hour ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

This isn’t second life, not all characters realistically are barbie dolls.

This isn't about looking like a barbie doll, it's about looking like a normal human and not an alien acid attack burn victim. I do not have any sort of talent with the face creator at all no matter how I try, I just get stressed. But there are some really good tips here and if anything I can "borrow" one from a tutorial. I hadn't thought of that.

• mj2002 locked this topic