Thoughts on Yakuza roleplay?

scar

28 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I think it could be a great and fun addition if done properly l. I think having it done properly would be the biggest challenge, what really constitutes what’s proper and what isn’t anyway? 

Yeah, that's the thing. Can never be perfect, though.

Yakuza roleplay is kinda ehhh, mainly because (from what im led to understand) so little is known about them due to how secretive they are, they're more secretive and organized than even gangs like MS-13 are from what I'm led to believe.

But if you feel you know enough, gather some cunts up and give applying for the faction a try bruh, the worst FM can tell you is no.

It's alleged that they operate in cali so in my opinion I dont think there'd be much you'd have to worry about if you knew your shit and gave it a try.

When it comes to choosing concepts, I think you just gotta follow your heart. It's great to research what you do, but I'd advise against assessing your concept for how original it is — I'm saying this because there is a trend in RP communities in general to value original, groundbreaking concepts and I kinda disagree with it.

Interesting concepts are one thing, but their delivery is a whole other matter.

If you can't help but feel leaning towards starting a Yakuza faction, do your research, think of a realistic setting, how they'd fit into the greater scene on the server, what their intrusion to the already existing "market" would be like, and give it a go. It's always great to start such highly-organized factions fresh through gang-like lower rank members, like playing on an own alt in an area to create presence on the server first. Seeing as your visibility would mostly come from lower ranks and "fronts".

• Applaud 1

All I can add to this is that chances are 99% that FM won't approve it as they made it clear long time ago, and the fact that they still enforce that rule. You /could/ try and start roleplaying and have it develop somewhat organically but don't expect it to go anywhere, sadly.

• Wuhtah locked this topic