Terribly slow loading speed (map, objects, peds/vehicles)

onefortyseven

Hello. I've started experiencing a rather weird lag in the last 2 days. Game runs fine and well but objects, the map (default GTAV buildings), peds and vehicles are loading at an insanely slow speed, making the game unplayable unless I want to drive at 2MP/H in hopes of not killing anyone if I do end up slamming into them because their ped/vehicle didn't load. 

Worth noting, my game ran pretty much flawlessly minus for an occasional crash up until 2 days ago. I started noticing this problem yesterday, I haven't changed a single component in my PC nor I've installed any odd fixes/mods/graphic mods or any other modification to my game. Only thing I did notice (and I'm not sure could it be that) is that I've installed a game and I've <100GB of free disk space right now.

My internet speed (although I'm not sure how much of a difference this could make) is pretty much unchanged from the last time I played with no issues, at around 55mpbs down and 3.5mpds up. Also, my specifications are the same as they were the last time I played with no issues, Intel i3 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM and 2GB AMD CPU (unsure of the exact model, however if that could be making a difference I can find it), and a 1TB HDD, running Windows 10. Game's running on all low (mostly), doesn't appear to fix the issue.

Screens displaying the issue: here & here 

Edited by Brian
4 minutes ago, Brian said:

1TB HDD

A likely culprit. There's a number of reasons why you could be having issues with this. The drive itself could just be flat out dying, running dangerously low on storage space causing performance issues. When was the last time you defragged your drive?

11 minutes ago, Marksman said:

A likely culprit. There's a number of reasons why you could be having issues with this. The drive itself could just be flat out dying, running dangerously low on storage space causing performance issues. When was the last time you defragged your drive?

Oh man, defragged? What's that ? Jokes aside - never (after the last Windows reinstall). It also has ~84GB of space left on the drive where GTAV and RageMP are located. So that might be the issue?

Edited by Brian
17 minutes ago, Brian said:

Worth noting, my game ran pretty much flawlessly minus for an occasional crash up until 2 days ago. I started noticing this problem yesterday, I haven't changed a single component in my PC nor I've installed any odd fixes/mods/graphic mods or any other modification to my game. Only thing I did notice (and I'm not sure could it be that) is that I've installed a game and I've <100GB of free disk space right now.

Answer is literally in the OP, if that doesn't solve it, I'd look into the RAM, eight sounds too low.

Try cleaning up the hard drive and report back, please.

11 minutes ago, GageB said:

I'm running into this issue as well, so I'm gonna jump on this train for some fixes. I do weekly defrag's of my hard drives.

Your specs? (CPU, RAM, GPU).

So, gonna do what y'all suggested. Trying to defrag my disk, noticed the last time it did it (automatically and I was completely unaware of that) is on the 20th of August. Also noticed that 'system reserved' needs optimization and is 32% fragmented. Gonna go through the process of defragging them all & gonna clear a bit of space up and I'll let you know how my game behaves afterwards. Thanks for the tips gamers ?

Probably your cpu has an high load while you play. GTAV as far I know is "cpu based", with this I mean that more your cpu is used, the slower your game loads the map. 

Try closing all the shits you don't need with gta and keep your cpu free for gta V. 

@Brian

Edited by bncal
4 hours ago, bncal said:

Probably your cpu has an high load while you play. GTAV as far I know is "cpu based", with this I mean that more your cpu is used, the slower your game loads the map. 

Try closing all the shits you don't need with gta and keep your cpu free for gta V. 

@Brian

1 hour ago, The Key Of Silence said:

I would suggest upgrading your RAM and getting either a 500GB SSD or 1TB, SSD's are faster than HDD's so that's how alot of people use it when they play GTA 5.

Also, what's your GPU? 

OP stated this is a new issue, a recent issue. Suggesting new components is not really helpful when clearly they were not having issues before. GPU, Ram, CPU suggestions, not helpful.

• nateX locked this topic