Perma Death, forced CK?

Sons

On 9/18/2020 at 8:54 PM, DasFroggy said:

It would also encourage opponents to begin tracking OOC killscores and targeting people based on how close they are to strike three.

That's difficult to answer for the soul reason that CK applications can also sway heavily depending on OOC factors as well. Did the person roleplay enough fear being the main cause for this. 

But, even as someone who is pro CK, I have been thinking about the consequences of it and as much as the argument "people will roleplay fear" is a solid one, there are other possible consequences that will outweigh the positives.

Population will drastically decrease.

Civilian roleplay in areas where crime is predominant will be extinguished.

And the one that concerns me the most is revenge killings will increase. Most people can take a PK to the chin, however, a CK is a tougher pill to swallow. There's a risk of people creating new characters with the soul purpose of CKing the person who CKed them, and then this turning into a cycle. If such was to happen it could practically ruin gang RP, as it would turn into more of a bloodbath than it already is with constant back and forth revenge killing.

8 hours ago, Свето said:

That's difficult to answer for the soul reason that CK applications can also sway heavily depending on OOC factors as well. Did the person roleplay enough fear being the main cause for this. 

But, even as someone who is pro CK, I have been thinking about the consequences of it and as much as the argument "people will roleplay fear" is a solid one, there are other possible consequences that will outweigh the positives.

Population will drastically decrease.

Civilian roleplay in areas where crime is predominant will be extinguished.

And the one that concerns me the most is revenge killings will increase. Most people can take a PK to the chin, however, a CK is a tougher pill to swallow. There's a risk of people creating new characters with the soul purpose of CKing the person who CKed them, and then this turning into a cycle. If such was to happen it could practically ruin gang RP, as it would turn into more of a bloodbath than it already is with constant back and forth revenge killing.

Sorry for chiming in but I just wanted to say I'm in total disagreement with the argument that it would move people to roleplay fear more. I've gone into some more details in my post on the previous page (all the way in the bottom), but tl;dr, fear of consequences is a terrible tool for creating something better. Awesome roleplay is something you come to when you motivate yourself to do so, not when you fear losing your character.

I'd even go as far as to say that using fear to move people to roleplay better doesn't go well with the ideals of a hardcore/heavy roleplaying community, too.

Edited by yerro
  • 3 months later...