Perma Death, forced CK?

Sons

Good in theory, terrible in practice. Just imagine being apart of a gang that gets into semi-frequent shootouts or a police faction. You'd have to CK every two weeks at most. Some would say that people would value their life more if CKs were mandatory, but I doubt that. From my experience, even if they know they'll have to CK if they die, people simply don't care and go for it anyways. I'm all in for people CKing when there's a proper reason with a lot of meaningful development that went into it (such as detectives investigating a criminal group for months and being found, or well, mob RPers being shot down in the 'tying loose ends' fashion when they fuck up majorly and endanger their organization), but every death being a CK, or CKs being forced onto people for little to no reason at all? No thanks.

E: There's already a way to get someone CK'd on the server, but once again if there's meaningful development and a good amount of RP that went into it. Someone scratching your car, calling you a dickhead or issuing you a fine because you failed to yield is most definitely not a good reason.

Edited by Brian

The administration workload for this would be so insane that nothing else in the server would be able to get done. Plus the risk is too high for character-dependent stories and benefits, what if one of the candidates got CKd before the election? What if someone spent weeks writing guides for their new faction just to get CK'd?

That's not a server I'd want to be on imho.

I think it's both a terrible idea in principle and would be terrible idea in practice.

The people who'd suffer most here are the people you're trying to make it less frustrating for.

Some unaffiliated person can just walk onto the beach / pier or into the middle of an event, kill a few people after some terrible bait RP and then the victims are locked out of their characters?

No thanks.

This was suggested many times over the years and it simply won't work with the amount of deaths you have on the server, this is a game after all, if this was real life, PD wouldn't patrol the streets, National Guard would.

Brian hit the spot and said it best, if someone needs to be CKed, CK apps are a thing, but they need a good reason behind them.

15 hours ago, ????????? said:

Criminal RPers tend to provoke civilian RPers over the dumbest shit as well acting like its some euro village or a favela and not America, 

A Euro Village. I don't think many European villages are even on the same level of crime rate as American cities, just throwing that out there.

This works in a perfect world where everyone actually roleplays an actual character that they value. A world where someone will choose to walk away from an altercation and not come back instead of coming back with a full car of people to kill someone that looked at them funny as if being a criminal automatically makes you want to kill someone. A world where the priority after killing someone isn't grabbing their gun, it's trying to flee from the murder you just committed because it's at least 25 years in prison if you get caught. 

Our community isn't that perfect world. There's too many players with what are essentially throwaway characters that will take advantage of this and kill characters with hundreds of hours of development behind them. Those throwaway characters are what @????????? is referring to. Even if you bring on consequences like CKs and longer prison sentences, they'll just name change because they don't play a character. Meanwhile the other side has lost a character they've spent months on.

Edited by Keane
  • Upvote 8
  • Applaud 1

Like some are saying, it's good in theory but not in practice. I like the current method where you can privately apply for a CK on someone if you have a valid reason. With a little patience it's not that hard to get one accepted assuming your character really does have a good reason to end someone's life. 

4 hours ago, Late said:

A Euro Village. I don't think many European villages are even on the same level of crime rate as American cities, just throwing that out there.

There's more to Europe than just the members of the UN, bud.

The Baltics, former USSR states etc, Southern Italy,  they get /really/ bad in terms of crime. Makes the US look like a utopia lol

• Upvote 2