Help me with my stutter

Sixth

What I do is Ctrl + Alt + Delete > Task Manager > Processes > GTA5.Exe (Right click) > Set priority > High.

I get 10+ fps when I do that. (60-70 fps, 1980x1080, high graphics)

Specs:
i3 7100
Gt 1030
8gb ram

Edited by Pete Williamson

I'd recommend checking this thread for optimizing your settings that might be uselessly rendering stuff you don't need.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/71b62v/10_graphics_settings_with_noticeable_lack_of/

Apart from that, there's a noticeable change with the MSAA (or similarly named setting) in both RDR2 and GTA V, comes right under FXAA or something (could be a third setting — don't remember it's name but it literally has no visible impact).

Hey mate, try the following for us:

- Stick RageMP on your SSD so that GTA V and RageMP are on the same drive.

- Download and Install Display Driver Uninstaller and try removing your current Display Drivers (Nvidia in this case), then redownload the latest GeForce Experience Drivers for the 2070 after restarting your machine when DDU does its thing.

- Download and Install CrystalDiskMark and run a test on your SSD / HDD to ensure speeds are as advertised, if you could post results back on here that would be great too.

- Ensure your DirectX Version is up to date, you can download the latest version from Microsoft.

- If running a 144Hz Panel, try lowering the Hz on Nvidia Control Panel to 60Hz to see if it eliminates stuttering, this is a temporary measure to see if it fixes the problem.

- Make sure none of the following overlays or programs are being used while playing GTA V on RageMP.

- Discord Overlay
- Steam Overlay
- Nvidia Shadowplay
- OBS Software
- Overwolf
- Antivirus Software
- Streaming Software
- MSI Afterburner
- AI Suite 3
- GameFirst V
- RivaTuner
- Adguard
- Microsoft Gaming Overlay (Also called 'Xbox Game Bar')
- Sandboxie
- Abusive software (E.g. cheats)

If all else fails, is this something you experience on other games, or strictly related to GTA?

Cheers.

Edited by CrisisGG
2 hours ago, Sixth said:

I do not get ANY stuttering when playing single player. Is this a RAGE issue for me?

It could be something conflicting, have you tried moving your Rage install to your SSD? And checked if any programs listed in the post above are running? How about the performance on 1.1 too?

• Woona locked this topic